who's into car stereo systems?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroy6

Reaction score
im bout 3/4 of the way through my sound system just installed 230watt 6 1/2 inch pioneer speekers with crossovers and tweeters(took me 5 hours >_<) got 6x9 400watt 3way pioneers at the rear, 800w 12 inch sub and 1000w amp running everything ha, soon will be getting another sub and amp(one amp for speakers other for subs)...interested in what anyone else has got setup or could give some good advise on what to look at doin now :)

good tip is to not buy an amp off ebay lol! mine sucks!

i have 290w in the front doors (pioneer) 400w 3ways in back doors and back shelf ( also pioneer,all ran off 1 1200w pioneer amp ) then i have 2 1200w subs in the boot powered by a 1000w rms monoblock ( cant remember which brand,possibly alpine? )

i have 1800watts going into 2 12inch infinity subs in my car... i dont like subs very much anymore cant hear very well lol

i have a Bose system in my car ;) but it did come factory standard with the car lol

Don't buy fusion.... I regret it. Pioneer will be the go if I do anything like that in the future...

I won't need audio, though. I'll have a boosted RB to keep my ears happy <3

yeah heard fusion isnt the best, pioneer is the best cheapest quality u can get i reckon, IF i had the money i'd be lookin in JBL crown series or apline, i hate that the best of everything cost soooooo much more!

A lot of things come into play with audio installs in cars, though. You can have the best and it will still sound like crap. You can get sound deadening foam and put it behind the door cars, and under the carpets. Not only will it make it sound better, but the doors will shut nicer.

Also, I don't see the point in spending so much more when for a decent price you can get something that your ears really won't know the difference with. Pioneer is fine.

i haave pioneer pro series 6 inch splits in the front 6 inch 3 ways in the rear and a mtx sledge hammer 12 inch sub amps are a pioneer 800 watt for the speakers and a pioneer 1000watt monoblock for the sub

monoblocks are worth the money but just run your subs off them i have a pioneer one here i may wanna sell if your interested

a pioneer monoblock amp?? im keen!! it really depends what ur plaing aswell tho rock music u probly wont wanna spend so much on a sound system, i listen to harddance so im very fussy with distortion n how clean it is

what u reckon of the monoblock? woth the money?

Yes, the mono will work best with your sub/s. you maydepending on your car and battery require a capacitor. I had a full pioneer set up in my old car it sounded AWSOME.
when you have 6x9 in the rear parstrel shelf take the bass on them down as they will dull the real bass from the sub. better yet sway them for some 6 inch rounds. so you can get the big bass but also the sharpness when required

used to compete in dB drags about ten years ago had one of Australias loudest cars ( in the top six or so) unfortunately my hearing has suffered for it too. The key is the quality of install. Super reinforced and lots of deadening and good wiring.

i cant remember exact details as iv had them for so long, have the tweeters, 6" and 6x9 MTX with a 4 channel amp running them and two 12" sony 1000w subs (which i cant wait to get rid off, i dont like sony subs but they go ok) with a monoblock powering them.

my one and ever present question with car audio, why is it SO darn far behind other technology?
it's been like this for years!, we have things like mobile phones and tablet pcs and such which have amazing abilities, and yet car stereos are not much to talk about at all! and expensive for what they are, it just rubs me the wrong way grrr
even the cheapest models should all have blue tooth, internal memory of at least half a gig (considering the insane cheap price of digital storage) USB connection and heck, a LOT of functionality and yet.. bleh, it's all sub par, even expensive gear is terribly lacking in bells and whistles. it's just slack all round.

that is one very good point recharge!! the internal memory is a goo idea, lookin at a new head unit today 600!! u can get fairly decent laptops for that much now days..and even if u wanted to get a high quality amp its gunna set u back over 1000...i think everyone should know sony cant make head units, amps, subs or speakers for SH**!! terrible quality sound my mates sony head unit caught fire once

with car audio it normally comes down to volume and demand. A lot less people buy aftermarket car audio than the other things mentioned so no where near the development goes into it. The lower volume also accounts for the higher price too i'm afraid. Always has been and wont change unless the market does which is unlikely seeing as most new cars now come out with fully integrated systems that cant be changed...

what you sepnd is what you get GENERALLY but not ALWAYS get...

a little bit of knowledge or a sales person that does know what there talking about and isnt just thinking about the sale always helps

ive had plenty of setups over the years and spent way too much money!!

the stereo i have goes pretty well:

alpine headunit- i spent about 500 and is basically no frills but has all the features i need for clarity and functionality (no need for dvd screens and oel displays etc unless you want to spend more, the cheaper units with these features are usually poor audio or cheaply made)

i use focal front splits (clearest sounding speakers ive listened to in a car)

pioneer rear 6x9s top of the range for pioneer(probably the weakest link to my stereo

soundstream 4 channel amp (speakers) sales guy ripped me off- is a half decent amp though

kicker monoblock big bertha amp ($1000)

2 clarion 15inch subs - sounded average till i got custom made boxes made up for them

decent wiring etc throughout

never got db test done but is very decent ( can listen to massive bass or even the clearest music depending on my mood!!

after spending this amount id never sell any of it, id never spend this amount again either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back