Mars Structure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfella77

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the story of an armchair astronomer who has found what is supposedly a purpose built structure on Google Mars?. It looks like a series of buildings and has been dubbed Bio Station Alpha.
What do you guys think?.:shock:

Haven't heard anything about it but I'd be interested to hear more. I would guess that it's more than likely just something natural that happens looks like a built structure

This is the video.

YouTube - ‪Bio Station Alpha on Mars. The latest discovery by David Martines. Original Video‬‏

I agree with Saximus. It's extremely unlikely to be a building. We watched Mars from orbit for a long time with the Mars Global Surveyor from 1997 to 2006. The images obtained were of reasonably high resolution and it's hard to believe it wouldn't have picked up something like this. The images Google Mars uses are of lower quality, which has probably created an optical illusion.

If something lives there that is sophisticated enough to build something like this, why aren't there more structures? What the heck did they make it out of? Where are the mines? The factories?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

"I don't know if NASA even knows about this."
lol but this guys does...

I like how the guy has already named the structure "Bio Station Alpha"

Probably also believes that aliens built 'the face on mars'

Lots of things occur naturally that have apparent structure.

Actually...on second thoughts. It could be the home of this bloke that was wandering the martian landscape!

MarsCloseUpBARC_800x394.jpg

It could be natural, or...

Maybe it's a plant by the guy himself or it's a plant by google as part of a viral marketing campaign. Maybe he's just nuts.

Haha I wouldn't put it past Google actually. As the story unfolds we will get clearer and clearer images until finally it spells the name of a sponsor who paid them a crap load of money for the publicity stunt :p

I don't know that I'd trust those google images... Low resolution satellite pics, and the way you can move around White owe to the surface seems bs. Sure a satellite could have taken billions of pics to let you do that, it would be easier to construct a fake one on a computer, though.

The guy sounds like a nutcase. Kinda reminds me of the comic book guy from the Simpsons with the way he's so matter of fact with his speculations of what it may be...

I don't believe there isn't life out there, I think that it would be naive to think that we're the only life forms in the universe. But to think that some nerd found it on google maps and NASA didn't have a clue about it, I don't buy it.

Why couldn't it be a station for the equipment we've put up there? I know it's huge but it's more likely than an alien embassy building...

This guy is an idiot. How can he say NASA might not know about it. Also how would we know if put stuff up there. Not like people couldn't have launched from somewhere like Siberia where it would go unnoticed.

It would most likely just be something like ice as someone stated. It would be funny however if it were some top secret thing and this guy stumbled onto it. Whoever is behind it would be kicking themselves.

I'm not saying I agree with him,

BUT I can see why someone would think it's plausible that it's not natural, just because it's so clean cut and well structured and unlike anything else in the region,
but...he does seem to be taking it a bit far. Especially with "it seems well maintained".

What "Google" is this? People have actually made millions from discovering archaeological dig sites with Google Earth.

He will be dead within a week. It will look like a random car jacking gone astray.

its my Mars summer vacation house thanks for telling everyone big fella77 , now i will just have to find another planet which only i know about and set out the deck chairs and drink beer all day !! was a great place other than the dust storms !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back