Not eatting almost 7 months

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

king905au

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 6 1/2 month old jungle that won't eat, there was 2 out of the clutch that wouldn't eat, one we force feed twice and has been eating like a king since but the othe we have force fees twice and still won't take on his own.

Any advice or tips would be great

Have you tried letting live food move around the tank other then that just keep forcing and good luck

^^^^
Dont leave live food in with a snake unless its inside a container and cant get out

PS If it is in a secure box that is a very good way to get the snakes juices flowing

There is a very good thread here about feeding
I think its called 'Help my snake wont feed'
Its at the top of the help section here

Have you tried letting live food move around the tank other then that just keep forcing and good luck

have you not seen the damage live rodents can do to snakes?

If you know anyone who breeds budgies finches etc day old chicks are usually pretty good too

have you not seen the damage live rodents can do to snakes?

its a 6 month old jungle and has only had 2 feeds so it will still be small , leaving a live pinky in there wouldnt hurt it .

cheers nico

Regardless of the size of the prey item its a very bad habit to even think about ^^^
So far it is refusing pinkies
So try something else
Very very few pythons will ignore fresh day old chicks
That one would scoff a baby budgie quail or finch

Live pinkies work a treat, they haven't developed claws or teeth yet so are harmless and in a non- feeding scenario perfectly legal.However this applies to pinkies of no more than a few days old only!Do not use them as a staple food source!!!!!! Only to encourage natural feeding responses, which once established weaning from live to fresh to frozen must begin immediately.

my jungle was a little fussy to start with but a good friend of mine suggested getting a small garden lizard to drop its tail then rub it on the pinkie. worked well enough for me and never had to force feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back