im worried my bhp hit his head pretty hard. help please! im stressing bad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_s

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm really worried my snake hit his head when I accidentally scared him. I was moving the hide hole and he freaked out and smashed his head on a wooden support in his enclosure. He's in his hide hole and hasn't left it since. How can I tell if his hurt or there's something wrong? I'm really really worried guys. Should I take him to the vet? How much will it cost? Please help im really stressing out about it.

don't worry about it. When my snake was about 6 months old, I was holding her near a table, and she unexpectantly slid the front half of her body off my hand and smacked her head on a table. it was a pretty solid smack, but there weren't any signs of trauma or inactivity, so don't worry about it.

Will

They are pretty tough from what I hear, You could lift the hide ever so gentle and take a look. I heard someone recently got a unexpected bite from their hatchie and instinctively reacted pulling hand away quick smart and flung the thing across the room. All was ok but it's good your concerned shows you care for your reps n we love that here. Ok I won't speak for anyone else I love that :p

They are pretty tough from what I hear, You could lift the hide ever so gentle and take a look. I heard someone recently got a unexpected bite from their hatchie and instinctively reacted pulling hand away quick smart and flung the thing across the room.
Haahahahaha thats hilarious, I can just imagine that.Hahaahahahaha

BHPs dont have enough brains to damage..keep an eye on it, but unless we're talking blood, it's probably ok.

If you're that worried take him to a vet, or at least call one and explain what's going on.

Your bhp should be ok, i accidently hit my 1yr old scrubbie in the head with the enclosure door :/ then theres been 2 times hes stuck his head in the way when i was closing the fridge, mind you all 3 times wasn't very hard hit but your bhp should be good as gold unless your talking blood like PythonLegs said.

My Levis jumped out of my brothers hand onto the floor the other day...I thought it was dead as it didn't move, but all of a sudden it got up and started walking :D

Keep an eye on him, like everyone else has suggested, I reckon he'll be fine. If he shows any signs of imbalance - lop sided or un-co-ordination on one or both sides, bleeding from the nose or mouth, I'd be heading to the vet with him. These symptoms could indicate internal head or eye injuries. But if he is moving normally, no blood, then I would say you have nothing to worry about.

My BHP whacks himself all over climbing in his tank and falling onto rocks and stuff.
Never bats and eyelid : )
They're pretty hardy.
Of course if there are obvious signs of trauma vet.

If he has any main head damage i cant see much the vet could do anyways,
Bhp's are strong and unless you smahed his head with something i very much doubt he could of cause a that much damaged to himself by wacking his own head agaisnt a wall.
Cheers

If he has any main head damage i cant see much the vet could do anyways,
Cheers

No, but at least he could stop worrying about it if there's nothing wrong and the snake's just got a bit of a headache and needs a rest.

My BHP whacks himself all over climbing in his tank and falling onto rocks and stuff.
Never bats and eyelid : )
They're pretty hardy.
Of course if there are obvious signs of trauma vet.

You wouldn't bat an eyelid either if you didnt have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back