I Think I have been scammed ?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcall

Reaction score
Hi

Who can i PM to ask a few questions about this issue. I have a snake that i have bought but i have some major issues. (i dont want to go into detail as im worried the person peruses this forum).

Cheers Guys

Best suggestion would be to make contact with the seller or alternatively if it a health issue pop into a Vet first and then make contact with the seller.

Cheers,
John

You got their details (from their licence), contact the authorities.

mmm issue number 2. Ok well if he sees this hopefully they will get in contact with me. My Situation is. My best mate is always looking out for snakes for me. Anyway he found a little green tree snake from a guy that come into his work. Now i met up with the guy to get snake and he "forgot" to bring the liscence (he said he would call me with it) so stupidly i said ok. Well the GTS he told me was eating on fish every couple of days. ive had the little fella for 2 weeks and no eating. He is also missing the tip of his tail and clearly has worms!!!! So i dont have a number or liscence just a first name!!! i dont know what to do?!?!

Sounds like w/c. And forgive me, but why anyone would buy a reptile without viewing a current license is beyond me. I'm not sure you really have any legitimate options in this case other than what has been suggested about contacting the authorities.

fair enough i just dont want the little guy to be euthanized. sorry but what does "w/c" mean?

Certainly sounds like you have been scammed and were a little bit silly in the transaction but you know that now and I am sure you wouldn't make the same mistakes again. As to what to do about the snake now you are backed into a corner. You can not let it go but on the other hand that is probably a wild caught snake you have and so you should contact the authorities. You did do the wrong thing during the transaction though so I am not sure how they would take that.

Hopefully someone else can give you a heads up on what to do next.

Was a bad move on your behalf, there's really nothing you could do legally.

Contacting the authorities now would probably end up in them not finding anything/anyone as you only have a first name (which is probably fake), as well as possibly losing the snake as it is not licenced...

I think it's fate is a freezer specimen now. We all live n learn. Hope you quarantined it at least away from your other reps if you have any.

I think it's fate is a freezer specimen now. We all live n learn. Hope you quarantined it at least away from your other reps if you have any.

That's kinda what I didn't want to happen. Yeh I made sure everything was separate from the rest of my reptiles... Well still is...

i make it a habit of writing down lisence plate numbers of cars of the ppl i deal with(helps when a family member works at RTA).. if im not happy about anything, i can find em real quick..

i make it a habit of writing down lisence plate numbers of cars of the ppl i deal with(helps when a family member works at RTA).. if im not happy about anything, i can find em real quick..

That's smart thinking. I get there full name and check them on Facebook Lol.

Why freezer it, they can live with both no tail and with worms. If he gets it eating, or even gets it force fed for a few weeks until it eats there won't be any issues. Just have to contact DECCW

Why freezer it, they can live with both no tail and with worms. If he gets it eating, or even gets it force fed for a few weeks until it eats there won't be any issues. Just have to contact DECCW

Hey Gillsy, I stated I think it's fate is a freezer,.....wasn't to sure, have heard before that's what happens so going on info given. I hope he's allowed to keep n care for it though.

Only thing is, if your family member ever gets caught, they will not only lose their job, but be charged (my mum works at Vic Roads and although it has been tempting to do this before, every single access to the database is logged to the staff member - Don't get me wrong, I'm ALL for doing it, if there's a way to find them, hell I'd do it, but probly wouldn't announce it on these forums ;-) too many eyes...

This is why if I were to get more snakes, I'd only go to breeders with a proven track record.. of breeding.. Breeding snakes, that is.

As stated, contact your local wildlife authorities ASAP. I've recently been in a similar situation (though I'm in NSW) and was misinformed, initially that my only options were release or euthing. Thanks to a few well informed bods on APS, I am now the proud owner of a worm free, well-mannered Scrub python that has become one of my favourite animals and that the all mighty himself would have to pry from my dead hands (bit melodramatic, but you get the picture):)! In my case, a "ballot" was suggested and I was allowed to keep the animal on my licence. I should stress, release should NEVER be considered for various reasons and Wildlife authorities can be very understanding in these cases, at least that's been my experience.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back