new freshwater croc enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and we could be doing something similar here with crocs and hunting but people are silly.

How do u rekon a water dragon would go if I added a few branches or would it end up being food

wondering???

hey um i was just wondering where you got you freshwater crocodile from?? and like how much and how big?? cause for about 6 months now ive been trying to find one but have had no luck :cry: PLEASE!!!

One point I have found is that using small gravel a huge quantity of waste becomes trapped, we had a landscaped rainwater tank which looked aesthetically pleasing but was not functional or practical maintenance and cleaning wise, and comparable to the croc aquariums which consisted solely of a few large rocks the simple setups prove to be much better.

In regards to water dragon, I have no experience with them and freshies together especially in such a confined space but my thoughts would be against it.

Yeah I might have to look at getting some glass cut and silicone it in as a landing

I'm not saying don't use gravel, just that it will require more cleaning and upkeep, there is nothing wrong with gravel and crocs will often ingest small rocks to help mechanical digestion in their stomach (I'm unsure if there is a stage in life this process is more prominent). some of the principles involved in keeping turtles are relevant to crocs.

depending on how aesthetically pleasing you want the tank to look an upturned milk crate or similar will not facilitate a buildup of waste by allowing good flow, you could lay a section of astro turf over the top. Elevating a platform on bricks is another simple solution.

There is nothing wrong with what you have done, visually appealing enclosures can mean more or different maintenance/cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back