Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgwynn

Reaction score
[video=youtube;BT7rayC_EbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT7rayC_EbA[/video]

Decided to take a couple of videos of Baby doing his tail wiggling thing. I laugh myself silly every time he does it, it's adorable.

caudal luring is sometimes used to lure prey and during courtship,my water python does it too seemingly for no reason

I have an Olive that does it also.
Next time you see your Woma wagging its tail, it means he wants a pat, so give him/her a little pat on the head :p:p:p

I think its also an excitment thing aswell especially around food, whether he wants to eat you or the rat your holding.
Caudal luring, classed differently i would say.

It was most definitely a food response so my hand wasn't going anywhere near him! Here's the other video.

[video=youtube;GRpoAf_oqh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRpoAf_oqh8[/video]

Lol! That's great to watch. Haven't seen either one of mine do that yet. Thanks for sharing.

Lol definitely one of the reasons i love my woma's, my female is a monster at doing it, she wags it that much she hits all sides of the enclosure, my male, he dont do it at all. but it is definitely one of there best traits in there personality.

Wow, heaps cool videos. I haven't seen mine do it. She barely seems to have much of a feeding response at all. Sometimes you need to leave the mouse/rat in her enclosure and walk away otherwise she won't even strike.

They are both good vids, showing the personality of a Woma to people that havnt come into contact with them before.
Ive kept or been in contact with pretty much every python we can keep here.
IMO, Womas and Olives by far have the most Character, Personality and Charm in all our Aussie Pythons.
So pat the Woma, I did :p

Last edited:
My young Boodarie girl did her first ever tail wag (just a bit) while calmly cruising around my arm today. There was just this bit of tail twitching in my hand, so I wonder if she smelled the dogs on me or what. Fortunately she didn't follow it up with any other sort of prey repsonse! I'm really loving the womas. They grow so fast - shedding every 4 weeks and packing on the size as they put away mice like a kid eats lollies...

My 2 Woma's always do the tail wiggle. The male tonight after eating one rat bit its own tail about 3 times during its own tail wiggle (not the first time I have seen it try to eat it's own tail) so I moved away so it would stop...hehe - The Woma's sure do love their food!

My 2 Woma's always do the tail wiggle. The male tonight after eating one rat bit its own tail about 3 times during its own tail wiggle (not the first time I have seen it try to eat it's own tail) so I moved away so it would stop...hehe - The Woma's sure do love their food!
Please put up some footage of that i would nearly die laughing

It's not one of those Rattle Womas I have been hearing about is it? ;)

my male Jeffrey has a mad feed response,but he is still gentle when he takes his rat.how old is your little baby?womas are such calm pythons compared to say the bredlis we have.but i don't recall seeing jeffs tail wagging.....must pay more attention.

Last edited:
Watching that reminded me of exactly what my woma was like when he was that small. God they grow quick

my male Jeffrey has a mad feed response,but he is still gentle when he takes his rat.how old is your little baby?womas are such calm pythons compared to say the bredlis we have.but i don't recall seeing jeffs tail wagging.....must pay more attention.

You should be able to hear it my woma makes a fair bit of noise when he tail goes in wriggle mode (on newspaper). My guy didnt start wriggling his tail till he was about 9 - 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back