Game trail Camera

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Guzzo has been busy walking through all manor of nasty places hunting swamp pigs and buffalo. Does anybody out there use a game trail camera? I have found some great pig and buffalo wallows that are used frequently and thought a game trail camera would help narrow down when they are being visited. One of the guys from work gave me an Aboriginal Fish Spear and Woomera and I am hitting an orange at 15 meters. I have forged a nice spear head and am in the process of making a hunting spear. I figure I might give the spear hunting a go again soon....so any advice on a good camera would be appreciated.

Are you thinking of something like a phototrap Guzzo, haven't personally used one myself, but a friend that was studying large forest owls had great success with one to record movements around nest sites. They are also been used to in conjunction with sound recording to record the highly elusive Noisy Scrub birds in the Barrington Tops National Park to gain a better understanding of the population there.

Cabela's: Trail Cameras & Accessories

Check out the first few on there, they are pretty damn good value for money. They ship to Australia, I get stuff from them all the time. Fit nicely in a small camel back and are pretty light. We use a couple pretty regularly on properties we hunt for deer and pigs in basalt country, and they are also pretty good for busting poachers and illegal doggers. The last 3 hunts have resulted busting 3 seperate groups of illegal hunters red handed.

Hey Guzzo, are oranges becoming a pest up your way...they are very cunning little buggers, dont like your chances of getting one on a trail camera...

have u had a look at the redfield mate? 12 hours of recording i think i will talk to my mate who owns a gun shop for u tomorrow

Hey there, I use a Moultrie model from Queensland Trapping Supplies:
Camera traps; outdoor motion detection cameras for wildlife monitoring. Infrared IR digital remote monitoring cameras for native animal field studies, research and livestock surveillence. Covert IR spy cameras from Moultrie, Reconyx and Scout Guard.
they do mail order and are pretty good to deal with. I have used mine to patteren deer, pigs and goats (bowhunting) and also checking what animals are kicking around the yard at night. The only thing I can falt it on is there is a small delay between trigger and taking the photo so if you have it set up too close to the game trail you will miss the animal if it is moving quickly. It does have a very long range though so is no trouble moving it back a bit. Happy to talk about it if you want to contact me. Good price and good quality.

Thanks Guys, I have had a look at some on the net. I even saw one that emails your phone a pic when the camera is tripped....crazy stuff....I thought it would be interesting to set one up over a well used game trail and leave it for a week and see whats been getting about....knowing my luck someone would find it and steal it.

Cockney Red....never underestimate an orange!!!! for example....find a word that rymes with orange....see....if you can defeat an orange the world is yours!!!

Thats great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back