A tribute to Oscar and his kind!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am sure some of you would have had the pleasure of being friends with a Jack Russell Terrier and would relate to this Guzzo’s Thursday night rant.
Quite a few years ago I bought a little white and tan ball of fuzz I named Oscar, at that time I needed a loyal friend and he was it.
Anyhow Oscar and I went everywhere together; fishing was our favourite thing…sometimes in our boat and other times off the bank or bridge.
I had an old Hilux my friends named the Yellow Peril and it was Oscar’s (and my ) home away from home.
He was a crazy animal without fear and he had such a fun loving attitude for life…many a time he nearly got me gored by a pig or stomped by a buffalo or eaten by a croc when he jumped out of the boat and chased them without fear. I of course was always running after him (mostly through croc infested places)
I took a lot of time to train him to stop attacking my fish too when I would be lucky enough to catch one haha.
The one drawback was he liked to wander and when we moved to the bush he used to love the open spaces behind our block…which is frequented by dingo’s….one day he never came back so I can only imagine what happened….I know he would have put up a fight though but it does make me sad.
Anyhow …as I open another Thursday Night beer and remember the good times I propose a toast to Oscar and to all those that have the joy of being friends with a Jack Russell.
View attachment 240877View attachment 240878View attachment 240879View attachment 240880View attachment 240881View attachment 240882

Last edited:
Time is different out your way isn't it?
I just opened a stubbie to Oscar nonetheless.

Sorry for your loss , after owning a few I know how you feel , they are feisty and gutsy little characters who soon become an integral part of your life and they certainly live each day to the fullest

Cheers to Oscar, I had a similar Dog he was a Foxie cross though. Gizmo sounds very much like Oscar in spirit too.... My little fella had a habit of grabbing boars by the agates lol and much to my dismay flushing out snakes of any species and size :( he also loved the boat and fishing/toyota. I was managing a tourist concern in the Gulf at the time and he was a favorite with all the guests too :) he used to have many campers cook him bacon/sausage and egg breakky's lol..... May Oscar and Gizmo be running rampant and free.... They sure do steal your heart dont they :)

heres to Oscar! and guzzo, if that pic is you, can you please enter yourself in the men of herpetology calender? lol ;) :oops: :D

Beering for Oscar right now! Salut! It's tough losing a dog you've shared so much with.

Chin up bro! (I think you're ugly by the way :))

Nice Toga cobber, but I like pic 3, HURRYUPLETSGOWHATAREYOUWAITINGFOR!!!??

I had a Solo before so cheers to oscar, looks like an awesome little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back