Got broken into :S

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
The snakes however were untouched, this time......

so now they know we have snakes, but it doesn't look like they opened any tanks to see what we had. we will be upgrading security, and changing our alarm, any other suggestions? its not like we have any super high value snakes/lizards, but together are worth a couple of grand. do you think anyone would bother coming back?

The same people may not come back - if they didn't take them the first time they may not want them, but scum bags talk, and they will be bragging. Upgrade, get a yappy dog (or a big one ;)) and good luck.

they made shotguns for a reason ;)
glad your snakes weren't touched,
hope they don't come back.

did they take much? it happend to me a few months back its the worst feeling knowing someone has been in you house.

get a yappy dog

NOOO neighbours will ignore yappy dogs because they yap at a pin dropping, get a big dog that rarely barks so when it does the neighbours might just pay more attention

as someone who has had neighbours with yappy dogs over the year i can tell you i rarely pay any attention to them and am more inclined to ring council and complain about them

Put a warning venomous snakes inside sign on the tanks (this is what I do when I/my roommates have guests over). Obviously beefing up your household security is first priority though. If they can't get in the house then they can't get to your vivs. Though it is unlikely they'll hit you again better be safe than sorry. "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

What the..... Ah sorry to hear Shea :( Nasty pieces of excrement Glad the reps are all there :/

you have been so lucky !! I like the idea of the signs saying warning venomous snakes...if they are kids or druggies who dont know what they are looking at it might just stop them......we were burgled about 10 to 12 years ago and i am dreading it happening again!!

Its never a good feeling knowing your home has been broken into by low lifes happened to me a few years ago didnt have any reps back then a good security system is worth while and signage too

we have both a yappy and a scary dog, but apparently niether of them barked, so we think they were fed :S

we also thought of the venomous sign. we have locks on all the big enclosures, so will be hiding the keys. we were worried that they may have picked up our two hatchies but they didn't even do that.

thanks for all the posts guys, will beef it all up and prehaps add some booby traps lol oh, my hubby did suggest we get a large monitor so we can let it roam around the backyard, sure that would be a good deterant!

buy a huge angry looking crazy dog! I have 3 huge staffies and a yappy dog, i always know when someone is at my front door

scumbags this sorta stuff really gets to me ppl need to go out and get jobs instead of robbing other ppl of their stuff

Gosh, glad to hear no-one (snakes, dogs) was stolen or killed/harmed just out of their enjoyment (heard that has happened before). Hopefully you don't have to experience this again.

Get A boxer I have had 3 females and all excellent guard dogs
Our old one had a litter and after that the milk man had to stop delivering the milk he was scared shed get over the fence one day and there not aggressive at all when the owners around that's our experience

get a digital securiy camera and monitor so it they do come back you have their faces to show the cops. but hide the cameras between enclosures on the tv etc so there not on the roof to be spotted out quickly and they cant cover the top of their face if the camera looks up at them ....

This is a huge fear of mine, the thought of someone taking my baby away really makes me pedantic about security.

Get a couple of geese, they make excellent guard "dogs". Honk and hiss at not the norm people and some even attack.

Got chased across a five acre paddock by angry geese.....scared the bejesus outta me....hahahahahaha.am glad to hear that they took none of your bubs and didn't trash your place just for the hell of it.did the bastards take much else?have been broken into myself....freaks you out to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back