Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, it's not the size I'm worried about. And are you only pretty sure, or certain, lol. :p You should know of their mood swinging reputation, angel one minute, wanting to eat your face the next. No need to get defensive or 'angry faced', I'm just looking out for the odd newbie that doesn't know what they're getting themselves into is all.

How many years have you been Keeping and researching the species? May be you could give some more constrive advice?

Scrubbys are kinda dangerous compared to other ozzy pythons , I would never trust my two and they are only around 11-12 foot atm... but it's no different than owning a dog..Dog's can attack and kill as well -

"Myrtle" is a cool name

Stroppy, scrubby, female, snakey, hissy, slithery, untrustworthy ------ Julia G!

How many years have you been Keeping and researching the species? May be you could give some more constrive advice?
I haven't kept this species, and the reason for that is simple: Their attitude. I have researched information on them (specifically their attitude) for the past 3 years or so. Within that time I have read many a story of 'bipolar' Scrubbies.

My advice was constructive, if you don't know what you're getting yourself into, you shouldn't get yourself into it. The size isn't the main problem, it's their attitude. Buying a cute little hatchy and not expecting it to grow into a demon is sure to be an easy mistake for some.

ok here are some names i looked at calling my stimmi (now I think ill call her Lilly!!)
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Isisor more likely Aset in egypt (Thename Isis means "Throne" )
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nutgoddess of the sky (oldest egyptian godess)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Amunet[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] –female aspect of the primordial concept of [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]air[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] inthe Ogdoad cosmogony; depicted as a [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]cobra[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] snakeor a snake-headed woma[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hemsut[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] -goddess of fate and protection[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ma'at[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] –goddess who personified concept of truth, balance, justice and order[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mehen[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] -protective snake god which coils around the sun god Ra during hisjourney through the night[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Menhit[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] –goddess of war, associated with Sekhmet[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Meret[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] -goddess associated with rejoicing, singing and dancing[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Saa[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] or Sia -deification of perception[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unut[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] -snake goddess[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wadjet[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] –snake goddess and protector of [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]LowerEgypt[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zeppelin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Kora = a companion[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jinx= a charm[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Una= one[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zea-[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Neith[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anika– female[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]morgana[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]maya[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Aurora- dawn

Hope this helped!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ok, thanks for the advice chantelle_savage, scrub pythons are not for everyone, but there are some who wish to accept the responsibility of caring for one of these snakes. I know what i have gotten myself into.... trust me

:D

Thanks for the advice
You're pretty disrespectful. The reason I don't own a Scrub is very logical, but of course you just want to skip that part.

Ask someone who keeps them and I can bet you that many will say the same thing, they're not a species that can be trusted.

ok, thanks for the advice chantelle_savage, scrub pythons are not for everyone, but there are some who wish to accept the responsibility of caring for one of these snakes. I know what i have gotten myself into.... trust me

:D

That's very good to hear. I wasn't being mean or anything, I can assure you. I was just asking if you knew what you were getting into.
Anyway, I'm still standing with the name 'Turkey'. Lol. Though I do like Smither's suggestion.

Last edited:
You're pretty disrespectful. The reason I don't own a Scrub is very logical, but of course you just want to skip that part.

Ask someone who keeps them and I can bet you that many will say the same thing, they're not a species that can be trusted.

I have kept this species in the past and do wish I never had to part with them. I happen to agree with you by the way, but this thread was not about the keeping or ability to is was about a name I belive. Which is why I only gave advice on a name. As to the keeping on topic rule which we have shattered cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back