Mertens water monitor display set up advice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colubridking

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
i purchased a mertens water monitor (NT Local) and am setting up a display enclosure for it.
just wondering if anyone has any pictures of a cage they have set up or seen that i might be able to get some ideas from.
I am hoping to to purchase a 1200 x 600 x 600 glass aquarium which will be a water section (obviously) and then build a seperate part on top and on the side of the aquarium which will measure 1800 in length then go vertically for 1200 - 1500 which i will have branches and a rock wall to allow for extra climbing/ moving space.
i have seen the pictures of the water dragon set up please do not link me to that.
also if anyone has any ideas of good sealers just to stop the wood warping etc please net me know.

Cheers,
CK

im also looking into purching one? who was he purchased off? if you dont mind me asking? and how much? theres a few great threads that helped me.
good luck with your new family member! and look forward to seeing pics :)

it was purchased off a friend of mine, he only had the one. it was $300.

any advice on a sealer? i bought the tank today next is wood.

Go an oil based varnish (turps based) and give it at least 3 coats with at least a day or two between coats. Then let it air for at least a week before using.

a sealer for wood!?? youd be wanting a glass fish tank, unless your just putting a tub thing at one end of the enclosure?
sorry if i miss read your post?

thanks just plain nuts. i noticed the enclosures you build! they are very nice.
i found this black sealer (its almost like tar) that you can you for fish ponds i might use that, seems alright!

that is actual waterproofer. It wont look very nice, is it going to be visible? You should not need to go to that extent.

ah ok, well non of it should be visible, most of the back and floor too will be covered in a rock background. a mate has some that i should be able to use so anything to save money will do

no in SA by any chance? Gully reptile centa has an awesome huge display setup with waterdragons and pretty sure a mertins in there too.

i ****ed my monitor

now will i have lil humans that like water runnin around i dont know what sex but duz it make me gay if it were male:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::twisted::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

That 1 at reptile city will be mine next week, my female mertens should be happy with that and him as well. Just have to empty it and do a few short trips to my place and then set it back up again.Then I'll be really happy
Cheers Deano

zacthefrog,
That mertens with the set up is a male, a huge one at that but I have an adult female, no where as big as him tho to join him in there as well can't wait we start emptying it Monday arvo, will have to put pics up when I've got it up and running again
Cheers Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back