A.S.A.R.K. or Australian Society of Reptile Keepers ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild~Touch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A.S.R.K. or Australian Society of Reptile Keepers ?

Hypothetical question for now

What can you personally bring to form such a society ?

How you would you contribute to an organisation that could possibly be a legal voice for us ?

Please don't be shy now ... or I'll die wondering

Cheers
Sandee :)

Last edited:
There is a body called the Reptile Keepers Association already in existance which I thought was rejigged a couple of years back to become the National Australian RKA. Pythoninfinite could have a bit more indepth info on the topic.

If each state had such a formally constituted association with a national umbrella it would assist in lobby governments.

Count me in. I am sick of them trying to kick us weirdos around. Just because they aren't cute and fluffy they don't give a crap.

theres already a NRKA group thats been formed and just needs some tweaking & a web site before it goes public Ive heard..

Why not work together on the project? As every state has different laws to abide by 'chapters' of the same organisation would most likely be more manageable.

IMO .. the more small active Reptile Societies the better and it looks good on paper for lobbying purposes

It's time to raise our image and work towards gaining respect from the general public and the government authourities controlling "protected" native fauna

Roger I would love it if we could all be in the same book, let alone the same page

Cheers
Sandee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back