Another animal on the extinction list........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bel03

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just read that the last Javan Rhino was killed in Vietnam, wiping them out completely. The poachers killed him for his horn :( Gee, we humans are so awesome! :rolleyes:

That's dodgy, but sadly he was basically extinct already if he was the only one left :(

They sure do. I read in the paper today that the NSW premier claims that deforestation is saving the koalas. She wants to wipe out the last of their habitat up this way and sees it as a good thing. And there were aerial pictures of parts of the American coastline, that is pretty much dead from pollution. Its really sad seeing humans destroy our paradise and they is nothing we can do to stop it.

The Javan Rhino still isn't extinct entirely...As their is a population of about 40 rhinos still living in a park in Indonesia...but thats it and they will likely be extinct completely within 10 years..The Sumatran Rhino will probably be extinct within 10-15 years aswell

Hopefully the have captive breeding populations going.

Its really sad seeing humans destroy our paradise and they is nothing we can do to stop it.

Since when is it "ours"? And this is no human paradise to say the least...All the pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites, natural disasters, resource shortages etc...this planet is the absolute furthest thing from a human paradise. It's the most suitable planet for life in the solar system but it is FAR from a paradise.

Last edited:
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” - Albert Einstein

This quote pretty much sums it up, nothing in the world is going to change unless we start to realise that everything and everyone is connected, there's no us, you or me, we're in it together. We will just keep plaguing and pillaging the earth until it becomes barely inhabitable, at that point it's inevitable that the Earth will purge us in an attempt to save herself - good riddance I would say unless we can change our ways!

so do dinosaurs....... humans will end a simular way :D thank god

They're still here. Birds are dinosaurs.

We are now an enormous food resource. Nature does not allow such things to go unexploiyed for long,

Hopefully the have captive breeding populations going.
Unfortunately there are NO Javan rhinos in any zoo or captive institution in the world, all that remain are in national parks in Indonesia. There are a handful of Sumatrans scattered about in US zoos, I think about 5? They look very different from the Javans'.

They sure do. I read in the paper today that the NSW premier claims that deforestation is saving the koalas. She wants to wipe out the last of their habitat up this way and sees it as a good thing. And there were aerial pictures of parts of the American coastline, that is pretty much dead from pollution. Its really sad seeing humans destroy our paradise and they is nothing we can do to stop it.

Sounds legit :rolleyes:
I bet the woman also believes we could eradicate mouse plagues by spreading grain around the streets...

It is sad to see any animal extinct, but it is also easy for us to condemn the actions of others, who often suffer terrible hardship on a daily basis, when all we have to do is go to the dole office and pick up a food parcel from the Salvo's on the way home to put dinner on the table.

So wait there are none left in Cat Tien?
Oh wow.

Saw a doco months ago about them in Cat Tien, a group of people set up motion cameras and everything to find if there are any left. There were.

so do dinosaurs....... humans will end a simular way :D thank god

If you really look at it, Dinosaurs were on this earth for about 180 million years.
Evidence of human existence for about 100 million.
But the first recorded human history started about 10 million years ago, which what I kind of believe is when humans really started hacking into the earth.

Dinosaurs managed to survive so long on this earth, hardly making a dent.
Whereas, us human have managed to deplete and destroy in such a short amount of time.

I agree with Fay. This is so sad :(

If you really look at it, Dinosaurs were on this earth for about 180 million years.
Evidence of human existence for about 100 million.
But the first recorded human history started about 10 million years ago, which what I kind of believe is when humans really started hacking into the earth.

Humans haven't been around for anywhere near that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back