Hello, I'm looking for Mr. Aaron. You have a problem with your Windows computer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got one of these the other day. im a huge a mac fan.
i played along of course and wasted about 20 minutes of their time while i made myself some toast haha :)

I usually ask them to hold on a sec. And then I put the phone on top of the tv while it's on.
Sometimes it will take them a couple of minutes to give up. Other times it takes a little longer depending on the bright spark on the other end....

My dad did that once, played along for about half an hour then when it came to the last thing he started abusing the other guy. One time both our phones went off within seconds of each other with the schemers.

I read a joke awhile ago and goes something like this, when the telemarketer rings tell him/her that your really busy and ask for thier home phone number, then they will refuse, for obvious reasons then say that you understand and that you don't like (bad word) ringing your number either, then hang up. Thought that was kind of funny.

Haha my Nanna got one, and she doesn't even own a computer.
My Aunty also got one, after she'd been overseas for a month and her computer had been switch off and unplugged the entire time, so she knew it was impossible.

It's ok they fix your computer for you once you give them your bank details. My computer works great now, banks empty but the computer works lol

When scammers and telemarketers try to offer me stuff, I try to offer them stuff, trades, discounts.. it's kind of amusing. I just hope to god that it annoys them.

i had my credit card details scammed about a month ago, but there spending less than the wife so i haven't reported it yet.....

I had a guy from Telstra call and try to sell me a new mobile contract. I let him talk. Then it was my turn.

I taught him how to play Velcro Kitty, educated him on the reproductive organs of pythons, discussed the pros and cons of cross breeding otters and wolves and how to keep them.

I had him on the phone for half an hour. Poor guy didn't even make a sale.

Watch out for them knocking on your door too. I had a guy come to my door wanting to install water-saving rose heads in my shower. I tried to close the door on him but he demanded to come in to install it, absolutely free. So stupid me gives up and lets him in. He looks at our shower and says I don't need a new rose head. A couple weeks later my house was broken into - lost my lap top, playstation, my daughters school bag, GPS, and a few other bits, and they trashed my daughter's bedroom while they were at it. They did not touch my snakes. We were lucky to get our stuff back, in the same afternoon. The cops caught 3 juveniles who did our house over, but I can guarantee that this man set them up to do it. Now, when I see strangers come to the door, I let my dog answer.

So don't let them in. They only want to see what you have that's worth stealing.

Kathy, that's awful.... Really awful...

I can't believe it!

You keep all that stuff in your bathroom?

Doesn't the laptop get wet?

Lucky you got your stuff back though. I never got my laptop back :(

When I was in Australia, despite being on a no call list, I'd get at least 3 telemarketing calls per week.

In the end I trained my daughter to answer the phone and get them to tell her a story before she'd let them talk to me. None were convinced and all hung up after a few minutes.

Now that I am in NZ, with much MUCH stricter rules about telemarketing and unsolicited calls, I don't get any. I really miss the chance of hearing a good bedtime story now!

Wished I could have recorded some of the calls. How do you do that? Do you need a special phone?

Watch out for them knocking on your door too. I had a guy come to my door wanting to install water-saving rose heads in my shower. I tried to close the door on him but he demanded to come in to install it, absolutely free. So stupid me gives up and lets him in. He looks at our shower and says I don't need a new rose head. A couple weeks later my house was broken into - lost my lap top, playstation, my daughters school bag, GPS, and a few other bits, and they trashed my daughter's bedroom while they were at it. They did not touch my snakes. We were lucky to get our stuff back, in the same afternoon. The cops caught 3 juveniles who did our house over, but I can guarantee that this man set them up to do it. Now, when I see strangers come to the door, I let my dog answer.

So don't let them in. They only want to see what you have that's worth stealing.

That just plain sucks. I won't even let the pizza guy look in my front door. Anyone comes to my door, I step out, and close it behind me. Being a giant black man has it's perks I guess, they never press their luck! :D

i got one of these the other day. im a huge a mac fan.
i played along of course and wasted about 20 minutes of their time while i made myself some toast haha :)

Have definitely done this as well. We all have Macs in our house so sometimes after a while I'll tell them that I actually have a Mac with OS X and that my sister has Windows, then they talk to her for a while before she breaks the news.

Here is an email I just got:
------------------------------------

Dear Beneficiary,

We are here to notify you that the sum of $250,000 U.S.Dollars was
generated and awarded to you by the Western Union Foundation in
conjunction with the African Union Foundation.This award was been selected
through the internet, where your e-mail address was indicated and
notified.The Western Union Foundation, All the email addresses of the
people that are active online,among the millions of our customers who use
Western Union in their business transactions.Four people are selected
Every year to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected
Winners.

To avoid misappropriation of funds, proper verifications must be carried
out before the fund is transferred. We require the details below for
verification so that the transfer can be carried out.

1. Receiver's Full Name:
2. Receiver's Address:
3. Receiver's Country:
4. Receiver's Telephone Number:
5. Receiver's Occupation:

Send the above details to us via the email addresses stated below:

Western Union District Manager (Mr.Peter Parker)
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel:
[COLOR=#49535A !important] +2347031908911 [/COLOR]​

Note: You were selected as a winner on this promotion and I personally
advise that you use the funds wisely. However, we need your information as
stated above to commence the transaction due process:

Copyright © 2001-2011 The Western Union Company , All Rights Reserved.
------------------------------------

LOL, Only 250,000k? I didn't know Spider Man was giving away free money hahaha

Kathy, that's awful.... Really awful...

I can't believe it!

You keep all that stuff in your bathroom?

Doesn't the laptop get wet?

Lucky you got your stuff back though. I never got my laptop back :(

When I was in Australia, despite being on a no call list, I'd get at least 3 telemarketing calls per week.

In the end I trained my daughter to answer the phone and get them to tell her a story before she'd let them talk to me. None were convinced and all hung up after a few minutes.

Now that I am in NZ, with much MUCH stricter rules about telemarketing and unsolicited calls, I don't get any. I really miss the chance of hearing a good bedtime story now!

Wished I could have recorded some of the calls. How do you do that? Do you need a special phone?

I hope I get the opportunity to visit NZ one day.

Haha, no I don't keep my laptop in the bathroom, but walking through the house to the bathroom gave him a big opportuntiy to sticky beak at what we have. My computer and the lap top were in clear view sitting on the dining table.

Do you really call cocktail frankfurts "cheerios" over there. I served a kiwi at work yesterday (I work in the deli at Coles), he asked for some cheerios. I told him they're in the breakfast aisle. But he pointed to the frankies and said thats what they call them in NZ.

Yes, we call them cheerios mysnakesau. Some of the butchers used to give them out to kids like they give out smiley fritz here, they bring back some good memories :)
I got a Telstra call yesterday. Took some advice I think I read on here once and handed the phone to my 4yo daughter; the guy got to hear all about her day at kindy :D

This has has been around for a while but its FANTASTIC:)

[video=youtube;-7OgWcwgB50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back