What flavour is the number 4?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays show was brought to you by the letters L, M, A & O and the numbers 6 & 9.

U used to love the flavour 4

But allas it now makes me break out in a rash and causes fluid retention issues.

Really think that the World Health Organisation should be all over something as important as this.

Its a little unfair that they get more enjoyment out of it isn't it. I mean, how good would maths have been if it was the same as eating lunch!

It would however be HORRIBLE if a number tasted disgusting. 1....2.....3..... Hhhrrmmpphh... Uuuuck.....5.....

Hey Slim I gave you the answer! And the other 3 as well in case anyone was interested! *pouts* And I do believe Smithers gave an answer as well?

Hey Slim I gave you the answer! And the other 3 as well in case anyone was interested! *pouts* And I do believe Smithers gave an answer as well?

So far I have "Number four tastes like lemon and is a slightly blue/purple like a bruise"; "#4 boysenberry"; "pineapples!!!!" (to be fair that was also a comment used by a friends' wife when he was getting too obnoxious therefore I am not sure if this comment was flavour directed or not)...

So the way I see it is, and correct me if I am wrong, but the number 4 tastes like a blue purple bruised leminleberry....???

So - forgive e for throwing the next spanner in the works...

So far, on three accounts we have three different flavours, although all three are fruit (technically the pineapple isn't a fruit, but for the sake of this, we'll call it a fruit).

We have three fruits... A few months ago someone asked - how do we know if I see the same colour blue as someone else?

Well.... Now... The new question is... How do we know if we taste the same number as someone else....

I think we can clearly see (based on 100% of all people who answered in a flavour) that we do NOT!

So the way I see it is, and correct me if I am wrong, but the number 4 tastes like a blue purple bruised leminleberry....???

So - forgive e for throwing the next spanner in the works...

So far, on three accounts we have three different flavours, although all three are fruit (technically the pineapple isn't a fruit, but for the sake of this, we'll call it a fruit).

We have three fruits... A few months ago someone asked - how do we know if I see the same colour blue as someone else?

Well.... Now... The new question is... How do we know if we taste the same number as someone else....

I think we can clearly see (based on 100% of all people who answered in a flavour) that we do NOT!

Unless it's tutti frutti flavour.

I've pondered that question, we call something blue because we are taught; that is blue. What if what you see is what I would call green? But you call it blue because thats what you were told it is.

Perception is such an interesting topic :)

I've pondered that question, we call something blue because we are taught; that is blue. What if what you see is what I would call green? But you call it blue because thats what you were told it is.

Perception is such an interesting topic :)

Your perception of the flavour 4 is possibly quite different to that of Smithers, Firedrake and the pineapple person....

ok for the good of mankind i went around and licked as many number 4 as i could and as far as i can tell its flavourless.....So i decided to try dipping them in stuff and so far mint leaves a nice fresh taste in your mouth ....

no i didnt really do that but its the thought that counts :)

ok for the good of mankind i went around and licked as many number 4 as i could and as far as i can tell its flavourless.....So i decided to try dipping them in stuff and so far mint leaves a nice fresh taste in your mouth ....

no i didnt really do that but its the thought that counts :)

I appreciate your effort. Surely you have put the most work into answering. Did anybody see you doing this? If so, don't put on the white coat, it is not the latest fashion!

Okay, well after talking with a friend about this topic, i learnt that her brother has a form of synesthesia........so i asked him what the number 4 tastes like......he said to him numbers dont taste like anything, he see's them in colours.......& 4 is red! Strawberries came to mind........the number 4 tastes like strawberries! ;) He does taste words though.......a few that he told me; car tastes like celery, the name Brian tastes like metal, hello tastes like cucumber, goodbye tastes like grape, work......funnily enough, tastes like dirt.......:lol: Im really interested in this now, it is actually quite amazing!

to me when i hear 4 i think Mi Goreng + Bacon +eggs

That might be the greatest thing ever.

My question is, if there were an eighth colour to the rainbow, what would it look like? I like this because there is no way to visualise a colour that doesn't exist. What we need to do is ask birds about it, they see in UV

Last edited:
Okay, well after talking with a friend about this topic, i learnt that her brother has a form of synesthesia........so i asked him what the number 4 tastes like......he said to him numbers dont taste like anything, he see's them in colours.......& 4 is red! Strawberries came to mind........the number 4 tastes like strawberries! ;) He does taste words though.......a few that he told me; car tastes like celery, the name Brian tastes like metal, hello tastes like cucumber, goodbye tastes like grape, work......funnily enough, tastes like dirt.......:lol: Im really interested in this now, it is actually quite amazing!

Hey, we found someone! Thats unreal! If you don't mind bothering him a little could you ask him;

When having a conversation, do flavours roll around in his mouth?

Do words that he has a bad affiliation with taste worse? Eg, work - dirt or pain - blood?

Does he actually see the number 4 always written in red or does he see the, say black ink, but sort of feel that its red?

Thanks heaps! :D

That might be the greatest thing ever.

My question is, if there were an eighth colour to the rainbow, what would it look like? I like this because there is no way to visualise a colour that doesn't exist. What we need to do is ask birds about it, they see in UV

I think its hard because as much as there would be colours without specific names, having the primary colours spread out makes one inbetween colour look much like the one next to it. Eventually the differences would become too small to even notice

He see's all numbers in a different colour. 1-green 2-yellow 3-blue 4-red 5-purple thats as many as i can remember right now. He never knew that he was seeing things different to how others do until telling his sister on her 5th birthday that she is now 'purple'......& she & the rest of the family were quite confused! He said that yes, certain words do taste alot worse, work literally tastes like he has a mouthful of dirt, also, he hates tomato & when he hear's or says his sisters name (Megan) he tastes tomato & dry reaches! :lol: I witnessed this one! Its pretty cool, although sure at times it must suck, but he said as he doesnt know any different, he handles it okay.

He see's all numbers in a different colour. 1-green 2-yellow 3-blue 4-red 5-purple thats as many as i can remember right now. He never knew that he was seeing things different to how others do until telling his sister on her 5th birthday that she is now 'purple'......& she & the rest of the family were quite confused! He said that yes, certain words do taste alot worse, work literally tastes like he has a mouthful of dirt, also, he hates tomato & when he hear's or says his sisters name (Megan) he tastes tomato & dry reaches! :lol: I witnessed this one! Its pretty cool, although sure at times it must suck, but he said as he doesnt know any different, he handles it okay.

Could make some really cool artwork for him. You could paint a grey canvas and then with a slightly lighter grey you could put large numbers all over it for shapes and colours. He is the only one who would see it :)

Could make some really cool artwork for him. You could paint a grey canvas and then with a slightly lighter grey you could put large numbers all over it for shapes and colours. He is the only one who would see it :)

What an awesome idea......He could be keeper of my all my secret codes! ;) Great gift idea though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back