What flavour is the number 4?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to me when i hear 4 i think Mi Goreng + Bacon +eggs with dr.Pepper for the beverage.

I definitely like the sound of your version of number four!

My question is, if there were an eighth colour to the rainbow, what would it look like? I like this because there is no way to visualise a colour that doesn't exist. What we need to do is ask birds about it, they see in UV

Could we tell someone who sees in black and white what red, blue and green look like? They can still see those colours, but they can't differentiate them. Same as trying to explain the difference between red and green to someone colourblind. Some animals can see more colours than us within our own visible range. What we see as one colour is broken up into many, like, for us, the middle third or so of the visible spectrum all appears as green, but to something like a mantis shrimp the different parts of green (which look identical to us) appear as different colours. The way we experience colours depends on our own receptors, not the light itself, so unless you were to implant a bird's receptor into your own visual circuitry, the bird's explanation would be meaningless, even if it was able to give it to you.

Gee, I am such a biology/physics nerd.

Left some number 4 flavoured stuff in the fridge a bit long. Now it tastes all tangy.

Is it still ok or should I throw it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back