What is wrong with a pure snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
So many people have been asking what is wrong with crossed snakes and jags, and I can think of lots of problems with those, but the real Q is what is wrong with a pure snake? can someone please tell me this? :|

they're not worth enough money and they don't have the wow factor that jags etc carry with their stigma

Is it just me getting a bit annoyed with all the fuss people are making over all this pure vs jag vs morph. Everyone will have their own opinion on what they like. There will always be people breeding pure reps, there will always be someone breeding something different (jag/morph/rpm). Find a seller who breeds what you want then buy from them. Don't worry yourself with what others are doing.

people will never be pleased enough, thats why there is jags etc: and they will create new and different ones to fill their needs

This debate / disagreement in ideals is far from new.
At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference (as was previously mentioned) and breeder / dealer honesty. Now, for the outspoken and over opinionated, If you don't like something, fine. Don't go pushing your opinion on others though.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with pure snakes. The problem might be just how unless you have taken it from the wild do you know it is pure.

All our pythons at some stage were taken from the wild and along the line mixed with others. Like if a Milla Milla jungle was crossed with a Babida jungle would it still be considered pure.

I'm surprised at the number of jungles, stimmies ect advertised with locality data, I guess these must be "pure"

Nothing wrong with "pure" carpets, it might be a case of the difference between owing a Ford or a Holden or in my case a Toyota.

Nothing wrong with pure snakes. The problem might be just how unless you have taken it from the wild do you know it is pure.

that is my point, have a look at these snakes - Red Jungles (unproven possible morph) when someone posted pics of this every one thought it was a crossed snake, but it's not.
What I mean is if this new morph is genetic, because of all the cross breeding going on every one will be calling him a liar (because he will be selling them as pure jungles).
as already seen in the trible carpet thread,
I can't stop cross breeding and breeding of a jags, but I can point out the risks it holds for future morphs
or if someone breeds an albino jungle, every one will think it is crossed with an albino darwin. The reason for this is because so many people are cross breeding.

Is it just me getting a bit annoyed with all the fuss people are making over all this pure vs jag vs morph. Everyone will have their own opinion on what they like. There will always be people breeding pure reps, there will always be someone breeding something different (jag/morph/rpm). Find a seller who breeds what you want then buy from them. Don't worry yourself with what others are doing.

Makes me think of a good quote (slightly altered to suit context)

Your opinion is like a penis
It's fine if you have one, but
Please don't go waving it around in public
And please, don't try shoving it down my throat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back