Sunken eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

king905au

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls I'm after a little help I'm incubating my first cluch and a few of my eggs are sunken 2 of them quite bad my temputer is at a constant 30.7 and humity is between 87-90% they are jungle eggs and were layed on the 1st of December maybe 2 days earily.
Any help would be great.

Will try to put some up tonight and the no substrate method they ate over a container of water and have another 2 contains of water in there with with them aswell there is moister on the walls of the incubator

I don't own jungles, so I don't know there inc times.
Eggs will naturally sink as they approach the time of hatching.
I know it's an exciting time, but your first clutch is also a very anxious time.
Humidity is up, so as long as they stay nice and white, you can relax a little bit.

In the last week before they hatch, don't freak out if they deflate almost by 50%.
Congrats and good luck.

I'm currently incubating my first clutch of Jungles too, I'm on day 57 now. I have a thread in herp held called "B&W Jungle first clutch help" with regular photos throughout the incubation.
Maybe compare how yours are looking...... or maybe not because mine haven't piped yet.;)

taken a while

I know it been awhile but here is a photo at day 31 any thoughts would be great

1IMG_2732.jpg

Sweet nice to know

Can someone tell me do they sink as the snanks eat the yoke?

Last edited:
It looks like we have lost at least 2 with them showing a dark marking of the snake and begaining to smell a little only have 2 weeks to go and not sure if I should try and remove the couple of eggs or just wait, am I ment to change anything towards the end of incubation the temps are constant 30.2 and humidity is at 99%

I'm no expert in incubation after one clutch but I left my temps stable throughout the entire incubation period and everything was fine.
As for removing infertile eggs, some people do, some people don't.
I removed 3 infertile eggs from my clutch and had two eggs go bad around them.
The two eggs that went bad were left. They grew mould but didn't effect the surrounding fertile eggs.
I guess it's up to you on what you feel more comfortable with.
If you do decide to remove them, I hope you have a strong stomach! It's not fun at all! :?

ive removed feral eggs before with mould on them only to cut one open to find an alive snake inside. it was near the end and i left it inside the egg and it emerged a couple of days later. since then i leave all eggs till the end.

Ok we have had 14 out of 18 eggs hatch not too bad they seam to have squashed heads or at least they don't seam to have the normal bulge at the bottom of there jaw just wanted to ask if this is normal.

wait till they shed then you can see any with problems but they should be fine ever seen a baby when there first born they look like a sultana

couple of pics

Attachments

• IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 52
  • photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 56
they look normal but with really nice markings cant wait till they shed and true colour shines thru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back