Spear fishing Bluefin Tuna

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few of my Bluefins

Dion Fishing 006.jpg
Dion Fishing 016.jpg
Few Pics of Bluefins I caught in S.A. Bout 18 - 20kg from memory

Last edited:
Nice to see you doing your bit for critically endangered species.

I recon you will find recreational fisherman, such as womaman, do alot more for the conservation of these species than the commmercial fishers, who are the real bad guys in this scenario.

I recon you will find recreational fisherman, such as womaman, do alot more for the conservation of these species than the commmercial fishers, who are the real bad guys in this scenario.

Agreed. When I watch things like "swords" and "Deadliest catch" I cringe. It's sad how unsustainable commercial fishing is. At least in Tassie the company Tassal farms salmon. Sure these commercial fisho's have "Seasons" to fish, but there must be a detrimental effect somewhere along the line with the amount they take. Humans are too greedy and overindulgent.

Nothing wrong with catching a fish for yourself though!

Agreed. When I watch things like "swords" and "Deadliest catch" I cringe. It's sad how unsustainable commercial fishing is. At least in Tassie the company Tassal farms salmon. Sure these commercial fisho's have "Seasons" to fish, but there must be a detrimental effect somewhere along the line with the amount they take. Humans are too greedy and overindulgent.

Nothing wrong with catching a fish for yourself though!

Tell me about it man, especially Swords !! Those Swordfish get a wooping, its pretty damn sad...Recreational fishos do more for the sustainability of fish than anyone else. For the most of em, we actually give a rats about the future of fishing in Australia and none of us want our kids to grow up without this amazing hobby !! So anyone dissing rec fishos should pull their head in and realise that without the hobby, fishing in Australia would have a damn grim future.

Cheers fellas ended up heading into the harbour rather than heading out past the heads.. We didn't do to bad considering the weather.. Started of by going to get livies and get some squid then headed oldman's hat to troll some yakas dropped before oldmans and headed around bluefish point around to manly basically north head mainly rat kings taking the livies so pulled em up and decided to drop some 9inch sluggos down to see what we could get, they were all sitting deep so no popper action heaps of rats couple of keepers but mainly rat kings few salmon and travally..
Once a mate started to get sea sick and vomited over the outboards we pulled up and dropped the last of the livies down and headed back into the harbour to throw some soft plastics around the peers at manly, on the last couple of livie coming back in one screemed of and pulled up a nice kingy of 92cm not the metre mark that I'm still waiting to get but still not bad.
So ended up coming home with a few decent kingys 2 flattys and a few travally and last but not least one sea sick mate with an empty stomach, pale face and vomit on his shoes.. I'll get some photos up soon.

Theres two types of blue fin, the southern bluefin and the pacific bluefin..

Aussie-Pride do you spear as well or did you just name the thread that because of the video? Are there any other spearos on here? I'm just getting into it and freakin love it.

Aussie-Pride do you spear as well or did you just name the thread that because of the video? Are there any other spearos on here? I'm just getting into it and freakin love it.

yeah mate I do spear but haven't been able to this summer I compound fractured my leg in a dirt bike accident last august ( broken tib compound fib) four screws and a metal rod later, still stuck in a moon boot until late feb.

Oh wow that's no good. Well when you're all healed up I'd love to go out with you. Maybe you can give me some pointers :p

Sounds like a good day out. I've never been able to catch much around Sydney, lol. Tassie is easy to get on.

Tell me about it man, especially Swords !! Those Swordfish get a wooping, its pretty damn sad...Recreational fishos do more for the sustainability of fish than anyone else. For the most of em, we actually give a rats about the future of fishing in Australia and none of us want our kids to grow up without this amazing hobby !! So anyone dissing rec fishos should pull their head in and realise that without the hobby, fishing in Australia would have a damn grim future.

Yeah man, I agree. I like rec fishing, I'm just no good at it :p haha.

This is the father in laws best from last season, 30 caught for the day biggest was 15kg put the dive gear on for a look, there were bigger fish with them but couldn't get past the rats!One handful of cubes wasn't lasting 10 seconds.. Too fast to spear for me... The old Lad was stoked never done much sea fishing before let alone 50kms offshore.

Attachments

• Random all sorts 005.jpg
    Random all sorts 005.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 49

I spear mate all the time but for some reason I almost always loose a gun when I go.

Cheers Brenton

Oh wow that's no good. Well when you're all healed up I'd love to go out with you. Maybe you can give me some pointers :p

Yeah mate for sure iI usually go Northern Beaches or head up cost to some places around Terrigal.. Check out this site Spearfishing & Speargun Online Megastore | Adreno Spearfishing Supplies there's a forum on there you can learn a bit of..

Sounds like a good day out. I've never been able to catch much around Sydney, lol. Tassie is easy to get on.

yeah Sydney's a bit fished out around some areas, Never fished Tassie before, big tuna down that way.

I spear mate all the time but for some reason I almost always loose a gun when I go.

Cheers Brenton

Where about's you from mate?

If any spearo's or fisho's have any pictures of catches or any storys, places, reports post them up..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back