Australia Day....now own up about Friday.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you are going to take a ..... sickie ....on Friday to make it a nice long weekend ??

I'm retired so it doesn't worry me, every day is a holiday for me. :D

My dad said I could have the day off on Friday but now I have to go to school for QCS practice. I think I might mysteriously become dead and not able to attend school

I took friday and monday off.... I got 5 days to hit the booze and entertain my sister between drinks :)

We called a company RDO. No point making the boys (and two girls) work when they are hung over and don't want to be there. Productivity would be in the toilet.

Our animals still need to be fed and cared for so someone will be on duty, but we share the load.

I have a RDO Friday (so no sickie for me) then back to work Sunday :)

i decided to give myself the day off.
i'm my own boss, so it took me a while to talk myself into it :lol:..............but i dont get paid for it :cry:
life is to short to worry about that :lol:
Happy Aussie day to All !!!
Please dont drink drive or be a drunken mug in public.

I originally had wed, thu, fri and sat off, and got an overtime shift on Friday.....$$$ thank you very much...spending money for the expo. Would have been nicer on Thursday, but maybe next time.

I took Wed & Fri off to go fishing. Weather is just foul so it's 5 days of beer & bbqs for me :)

I took friday and monday off.... I got 5 days to hit the booze and entertain my sister between drinks :)
roo,can you please explain and clear up my first thoughts,not sure how people roll in the ACT but 'I got 5 days to hit the booze and entertain my sister between drinks' this just sounds wrong or illegal...

I don't even get a day off today... or weekends... or breaks... my kids don't accept sick notes. They don't seem to get the significance, the little despots. I even tried to take some time to myself for a new exercise regime this morning (yogalates, it's even fun to say!) but I got halfway through the warmup and, well, chuck 3 kids on your chest and try to do a chest-curl. It just doesn't work, especially after bearing said 3 kids and your abdominals are shot to buggery... :(
It sucks really; I never gained much weight, about a kilo or so, so all I've got to do really is tone and strengthen and I'll be back to me (give or take a few stretchmarks and some extra skin lol), but they just won't get off my chest! :x:lol::(

nothing booked in....4 days at home watching the rain piss down

I have a uni test so cant call in sick!

Same here, Starr - are you doing a bridging course too? I have three weeks of intensive maths - ugh! It means I don't have today off either because I have to study. :cry:

It'll be worth it in the end.

I said I will work I. Friday and let my boss and the young fella take the day of Friday

Cheers Brenton

:oops: guilty!!!! having all my girlfriends over for a "girly" party so there will be lots and lots of drinking cocktails :p And i know my brain- "head" will be unfit for work!
HAPPY OZ DAY YA"LL !

Last edited:
I wont be chucking a sickie, but I may be flooded into my house so it may be a long weekend for me yet. Thanx qld for all your awesome weather! Lol but seriously, take care up there qld people. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back