Mealworm issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

james.5

Reaction score
I've just started to breed my own mealworms and have just found small white things on their food, at first I thought they were eggs (these dots are about 1mm long) but they move.

I was wondering what they were, i.e. young mealworms or if they were some other bug larvae. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I also found something in with the last lot of mealies i just got......but they are like tiny hairy itchy grubs! :? Any deas?

just get plain bran pour it in and add the worms and just leave it no veggies or anything no water, nothing they breed like crazy!

i have been breeding meal worms for years the key is fresh food keep changing the food daily or every second day. most issues are from rotting food and cover tub lids with fly screen mesh so flies and other insects cant enter. I use carrot and change daily dont just put in another piece in take out old bit so no rotten food is left in also newspaper on top of bran change every few weeks hope this helps

The easiest thing to feed them is put them in with plenty of bran and once a week put a few thik slices of potato in with the beatles and mealworms.. If the beatles and worms are in different tubs put the potato from the beatle in the with mealworms because they lay the eggs in the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back