1st refusal to eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could let me now if there stimson has refused a feed.
We got our girl for christmas and has been a great feeder till last night .
She showed some interest but did not take the weaner mouse after three atempts we gave up
she cant be due for a shed as she only shed 4 weeks ago (have uped her food size)
Sydney is 1 and about 60 cm

My son did say she felt cold when he got her out and she has spent all week in her cool side
tank temp is 31.3 ( warm end air temp)

could the mouse have been to big (she has had two but maybe a bit smaller)

could she be getting ready to shed ( we had to take her out of her hide not normal for she is always out at night)

had a feed 1 week ago last night do i wait a few days and try again or wait a week

Ta People:)

Snakes can be a little "moody" at times. As nagini-baby said "just wait a week" and give it another go. I've had snakes go off their feeds for months at times....and then back to their piggy selves :lol:

Don't worry. Both mine go off their food at times, even during the warmer months. They soon start to feed again.

My Georgetown went for 9 months without a feed. It's nothing to worry about! Just wait a little while like others have said

I had a snake refuse to eat for 4-5 months, as long as they don't start getting sick or losing condition. However, I find most of the time that ne may chose not to eat one week and will eat anything and everything given to them the next week.

Just because she ony shed 4 weeks ago doesn't mean she isn't going into shed again, especially if you have upped the found size. If i give mine a big feed they will often go into shed straight after the large feed, last time my boy shed was only 3 weeks after his previos shed. If she has refused a feed and is hiding all the time shes more than likely going into shed, just leave her be.

my stimi has been a bugger with her food. I have thrown many a mouse in the bin. I have had her strike her food, coil round it and squeese it for a while, and then just slither away afterwards. She had no intentions of eating it. I beleive they are a very fussy snakes at times :)

my stimi has been a bugger with her food. I have thrown many a mouse in the bin. I have had her strike her food, coil round it and squeese it for a while, and then just slither away afterwards. She had no intentions of eating it. I beleive they are a very fussy snakes at times :)

You should get ferrets. No matter which snake's refused a feed, we never have wasted rodents:)

In response to the OP, we have 3 Stimmies, a juvenile and two adults. All of them have refused a feed at various times, though most similarly the baby seemed a bit shy of his food when I first upped the size to pinky rats, but I found some smaller pinky rats and he took them, since then he's been hammering them down.

dont stress, your snake coule he going on to shed or just couldn be hungry.
hatchys / yearling cant go as long without food as adult, they just dont have the hody weight to do so, if a month go's by, start getting wortied and take it to a professional breeder/vet etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back