Frozen rats on the Central Coast NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamind2010

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some frozen rats on the Central Coast and I am having a bit of trouble getting them locally as I am unaware of suppliers and have been relying one one main supplier who has closed down.

Any help would be kindly appreciated
thanks
Ben

Hey Ben,

Try the reptile supply store next to bunnings in west gosford they have had them in the past or may be able to direct you further...

critter snax will deliver n they are at the central coast

critter snax will deliver n they are at the central coast

Sorry they've closed down. That's where I wa getting most of my rats from.

I get my ones from all things slimy at tuggerah.

Sorry they are too dear. Last time (2010) I asked about their prices I went into shock. Maybe that was per rodent maybe they'd do a deal if I bought in bulk.

Wokka (rodent farm) is at new castle.I think he also delivers bulk amounts..

His prices are great so I'll get in touch. I plan on buying on bulk to last me a few months. ;)

Last edited:
All things slimy at tugg are great fir prices. i think u should check them out again. we buy all our food from there for all our 8 snakes.

A big thanks to all who responded. That was so quick. I will work out my options and weigh it up ;)

All things slimy at tugg are great fir prices. i think u should check them out again. we buy all our food from there for all our 8 snakes.

I'll check them out. They are local so would be preferabl as they are very close to where I work and visit relatives.

Last edited:
Does $8.75 for a 100g rat sound reasonable?
Thats a retail price. Unsure what the wholesale price would be.

I'm confused and lost for words. Where do you get reasonably priced rats? If rats get too expensive I'll have to part with some of my collection, if these prices are the go it's going to cost me $60 a week to feed them!

Most retailers of our Rats charge arount $18 per pack of three. From this they pay gst, power, wages and rent etc so the mark-up is not that unreasonable. $8.95 each sounds rather high but the Central coast rodent prices are all over the place depending upon supply.

All Petbarn's on the coast supply Dolittle Farmed Rats and Mice and often have great specials from time to time, Great Quality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back