Do Jungles go off there food in winter when being cooled.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
I'm just curious as this will be my first winter where my jungles are not hatchlings they are yearlings. Last year I realised that my adult Stimsons went of from there food no mater how much i tried feeding them. Im lucky my adult female coastal who should be named garbage lol as she never leats anything go to waiste. So will my Jungles also refuse food like my Stimsons.Also is it advisable to cool the jungles this season. Or should I leave heat on them through winter. Cheers in advance.

Antaresia seem to be much more sensitive and know when it's time to stop but my Jungle would still eat if offered. That's why I like to call it "turning them off". Once they're in cool down mode they probably wouldn't but at the start they don't seem to make the decision themselves. Just make sure the last meal has fully passed and start reducing the temps

There is no reason to really cool them at only a year old, you're better off keeping the heat up and growing them. They shouldn't go off their food if you keep temps good.

i got one question my spotted python has gone off his food is it to early for them his 5 years old ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back