Newbie question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinka1326

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 month old jungle who has found a favourite place in her enclosure and hasnt come down in about a week. When we handle her and put her back she goes right back to her 'spot'. Its half way down the tank. She has only come down once of her own free will to poop... I know im probably just being paranoid but should i be concerned at all? We have had her for a week and a half and she fed perfectly

unless it's somewhere dangerous like inside a light fitting, i wouldn't worry about it. especially if you've only had her a week, she's still settling in. she's found a place where she feels safe, she'll come out eventually to explore.

Yeah, she's just settling in and feels safe where she is.
You will probably find she explores when you turn the lights off and go to bed.
Nothing to worry about and she will move about more often in time.

Thanx heaps. I was sure thats all it was. But i know she isnt exploring at night because i have a baby that im getting up to feed st night and always check the snake on my way through and she is always in the same spot.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

like others have mentioned probably just settling in, do u have hides in her enclosure? also what temp do u have in your hot spot and cool spot?

what you can do is get youself a temp gun...they are really cheap on ebay. That way if you are concerned you can actually aim it at the snake and 'take their temperature' this way you will know how warm she is and it does put your mind at rest.

I no mine sits same spot every day but I wake up at 4 and all ways see him roaming around :D kinda funny when I wake up he goes back up there :)

my 2 still have there favourite spots and ive had my male for 3yrs and my female almost 1yr i only see them move when the temp changes :)

The giy i bought her from said not to worry about a thermostat as he knew his product and assured me that everything would be at the right yemps. Im going to get one next week though just for peace of mind.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back