Flammable Question About Possums

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i just pick up a roadkill possum or two to give my big bredlis and Diamonds as a treat once or twice a year....a live possum is asking for trouble........and asking for a dead or injured python.........

Quarter of a Phenergan tablet in a grape, put it up there with some other fruits. When you hear the "thunk," it's safe to go up and relocate the little bugger.

Background: I actually don't mind the odd possum scratching around in the roof, but my housemate hates them. He asked me why we can't let a large python have a treat. Naturally I wouldn't risk any of my pythons getting hurt or escaping, but it did make me wonder whether anyone had ever tried it ...

Last edited:
We used to have an 11 foot coastal in our roof that regularly ate possuyms on the verandah that came out of the roof, it learned the exit/entry point and would wait there for a few nights every 2 weeks to get it's dinner possum, never saw it get hurt as it was so fast the possum didnt know what hit it, One thing with small Mammals, they are very susseptable to shock, if something scares them bad enough ( like a big F()&in snake smashing them) they just go into shock and either die or feint.. I've seen it happen a lot,

Once with a Large Grey wallaby who was feeding outside our window in the long grass when all of a sudden a large carpet stuck at it out of the grass and the wallaby just dropped and started convulsing on the ground while the snake slowly cruised up and wrapped around it.. LOL

i guess then u could ask the swat team to take em out:)

That will just cause a world of trouble.. cos the possums will bring out THEIR SWAT! THen you'll end up with some Messed up Possum Vs SWAT matrix style stuff goin on!

One thing with small Mammals, they are very susseptable to shock, if something scares them bad enough ( like a big F()&in snake smashing them) they just go into shock and either die or feint.. I've seen it happen a lot,

Once with a Large Grey wallaby who was feeding outside our window in the long grass when all of a sudden a large carpet stuck at it out of the grass and the wallaby just dropped and started convulsing on the ground while the snake slowly cruised up and wrapped around it.. LOL

Don't try this at home, kids:)!

Apologies, but this is alot of myth, almost similar to the "bluetongues keep snakes away" and "If you have Black snakes, you won't get Browns". If I'm wrong, however, could you please tell that to the dozens of Brushtails and Koalas I remove every season that would prefer to rip me a new one instead of lay down and die quietly:)!

Don't try this at home, kids:)!

Apologies, but this is alot of myth, almost similar to the "bluetongues keep snakes away" and "If you have Black snakes, you won't get Browns". If I'm wrong, however, could you please tell that to the dozens of Brushtails and Koalas I remove every season that would prefer to rip me a new one instead of lay down and die quietly:)!

You can think what you want mate.. I speak from experience.. not hear-say "bluetongues keep snakes away" Is a load of crap lol and so is "If you have Black snakes, you won't get Browns" As far as i'd believe they may decrease numbers as they may eat the young.. I've heard..

But i have seen small animals get owned by getting scared.. A slamming door made a ringtail trop dead off the verandah table stone dead.. and i once tried to stamp on a wild mouse in the kitchen and completely missed.. yet the mouse turned *** up dead as a doornail.. lol

Please refrain from Calling bullshit on my posts before asking for more info.. wouldnt want to come across as a tool ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back