need to vent!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglelove

Reaction score
so me and all my babies (1 dog and 4 snakes) are on our road trip from SA to the Gold coast i have stoped over at friends and family along the way and no one will let them in their house! *** they are in a pillow case in side a click clack and arent going to escape!!
ggrrr peoples irrational fears ****s me.
i had all the kids in my nans street playing with my 7ft'er but nope they still couldnt go any where near the front door.

I think some peoples brain switch off when they hear the word snake , I have had some friends leave my house when they realise I have snakes inside . Im now filling my patio with tanks so I dont have to let morons in the front door lol. I bought my snakes orginally because of my fears of snakes , not that its helped my fear of getting bitten any lol . Some people need to just HTFU . Why is it that someone can walk an aggressive dog that they cant even control down the street and nobody cares but a snake in a bag inside a click clack is a national threat .

haha exactly it - its not like they are wild or even venomous so there is absolutly no reason to be scared. but they wont even atempt to pat them or even get close. it makes me so up set i dont have kids i have snakes so its like my parents hating their grand kids!! lol ;)

You have your dogs in pillow cases?? :shock:

Na, just kidding :lol:

That sux, I would be going and staying at a motel (if I could afford it) if I were you. Love me, love my snakes is my motto.

My parents are 85 & 87 and told me if I had snakes in the house, they would never visit even. I got my license and got my first coastal, took it home, then that night took it inside and said to my housemate (who was equally adament she would leave if I bought a snake home) "Look what I found in the shed!!" hehehehehe

I did the same thing with my 2 spotteds too.... :lol: Now I have 5 snakes, my mum (85) calls them her grand-snakes now and will even touch them.

Next friends you visit or stay with, put the click clack in a travel bag and dont mention the snakes inside it. See no evil.....speak no evil......

Good luck with the rest of your trip

haha id put the dog in a pillow cas if she'd fit! ;)
i dated one guy who said hed never sleep over until the cages had a lock on them . . . . yeah he never stayed lmao :)
one more day till i get to my destination (mums and no snakes inside either) and maybe 3-5 days till their tanks arrive. my poor babies .. but they are taking the trip very well :)

Thats so irrational that people are scared to even be near snakes. I know people have phobias, but seriously? Thats a bit extreme.

I know a person with a massive fear of rodents, couldn't watch Harry Potter because of it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my parents would react the same way whenever i threatened to remove the bag from my girlfriends head!!
tough love!!

yeah well id rather be bitten by a snake then a mouse, mice bites creeeeeep me out!! hahaha :D

Its a shame you werent coming a bit further north, I would happily have looked after your mob until thier tanks arrived.... but I am on sunshine coast about 2 1/2 hours north of GC

Good luck :)

Yep I'm with ratbag, don't tell them next time. :D

Hey I know that must suck, but in the end it isn't your house, and you don't know how afraid they are so you don't really have any right to be mad. You can try and convince them that snakes are lovely, but in the end it's their home.

Also, are you moving interstate? Or just taking them on holiday? Cos I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed...

I will own up to having a huge fear of snakes....so i bought my boyfriend one for his birthday a few years back, we now have 1 murray darling (Molly), 1 woma (Dexi) and 6 lawson dragons....i have held the woma and the lizards are my babies but molly still scares the crap out of me she is just soo big lol, i will be in the room when she is out but wont have her on me, i am a huge believer in confronting your fears and overcoming them....next stop green tree python!!!!

I agree, are you moving? cause they aren't allowed in QLD without a movement advice.

so far all my friends have been really keen to come and see my snake. my bestie has a huge fear of them and refused to be in the same room as my baby but hes warmed up heaps and has even asked to come and touch him.
my sisters bf however believes that pretzels is going to eat him and my niece and refuses to be around him... tony ( the bf) is a 7ft tall huge muscle man greek security guard... and thinks that my snake whos only 3 months old is going to eat him.....completely irrational but super funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back