Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^tried explaining that earlier but km sure as the yrs go past some of the newer owners with a growing collection will soon realise this ... "I just got tagged by my growing carpet and it's never bitten before"... ;) ;) ;)

^^^^tried explaining that earlier but km sure as the yrs go past some of the newer owners with a growing collection will soon realise this ... "I just got tagged by my growing carpet and it's never bitten before"... ;) ;) ;)
So you are telling me that you don't get drunk at night and sometimes get your snakes out?

So you are telling me that you don't get drunk at night and sometimes get your snakes out?
NEVER cause when ya drinking 14 hrs a day and sleeping 10 then it's best that I let um have a slither when I first wake up;) SMART A##E

My Jungle x Diamond usually comes out to play at nigh dont even have to pick him up he just comes on out himself lol :) But if they are sleeping during the day, best not to wake them just wait till they are wandering around the enclosure :) More you handle the more placid they become :)

My Jungle x Diamond usually comes out to play at nigh dont even have to pick him up he just comes on out himself lol :) But if they are sleeping during the day, best not to wake them just wait till they are wandering around the enclosure :) More you handle the more placid they become :)
U need to read replies from experience like Ramsayi cause eventualy in time u will find out the hard way

I handle my adults out only during the day normally in morning, when they come out to bask on their heat spot. I've found it is easier to handle when they are cool rather than when they have been heat for the day.

Handling at night time is just asking for unwanted cuddles and kisses, especially if they are exploring and 'asking to be let out'. Womas have awesome feeding responses.

Yearlings I sometimes handle at night if they have recently eaten.

best time to handle your python - when you have too

best time to handle your python - when you have too

hahaha......well said.

i have had snakes for 40 years.... all sorts ..... and i handle them when i need to and whenever i want to.

Of course i have been bitten......sure . You have to expect that if you want to keep them. I am talking pythons .

Im like many others on this thread. I handle/clean through the day & feed at night. I do have some nutters that nail you either way, but the majority of my collection can get handled without an issue daytime & anything will get struck as soon as you open tub or tank at night. The hatchlings that I have bred are exactly the same. Night time is the natural hunting time

I usually wait until my little wheaty (3 months) is out exploring, he usually comes out around 6-7pm, that way I don't have risk stressing or startling him by lifting up his hide. No problems so far and he's always been happy to oblige

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There r huge differences between species ... Eg a stimi / GTP

Mine get taken out and handled mostly during the day time, i find it a bit pointless trying to get them some sun during the night, but saying that i also handle them at night which is when they get fed as well, i just don't want them getting into the habbit of thinking night time is only for feeding. :).......................................Ron

Mine get taken out and handled mostly during the day time, i find it a bit pointless trying to get them some sun during the night, but saying that i also handle them at night which is when they get fed as well, i just don't want them getting into the habbit of thinking night time is only for feeding. :).......................................Ron
You have a point Ron ....BUT what I'm trying to explain to any new keeper out there that's its down to individual snakes and you learn as your snakes grow and the collection of various species gets bigger....my stimi's I don't have a problem getting out of an evening if someone that's round wants to take a look but seriously my 2.6 m bredli gets more alert at night and u r willing to come And have a play... Gentle giant but will snap when light is diminishing .... Same goes for a lot of the big carpets / olives / BHP ... Large snakes require a bit more effort to get out and they all have there off days and in my experience and it's jmo they r all calmer in the day.... They don't seem to have the same attitude as me if u woke me up half way through my sleep lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back