what can i keep with an eastern water dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kukri-dragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey,
i've got a small eastern water dragon-(about 21.5cm including tail)-and have had him for 9-12 months now, and i was thinking about getting him a friend.doe anyone know if you can keep them with like a bearded dragon or another not ridiculously expensive reptile? Any replies would be very appreciated...Thanx would hav pics but they turned into about 1,000,000 letters! :shock:

enclosure size? outdoor pit? Wooden terrarium? glass vivarium? male or female? etc etc
details my friend, details

I keep my two ewd's with a murray river shortneck turtle. Am considering keeping them with my mertens as they're all comparible size, but I'll have to see how it goes. As other people will say, there's always a risk that one critter will end up as a snack, that is something to take into consideration. Personally, I would do some research on a critter you're interested in, and make sure they come from a similar enbvironment, beardies like it dry, but water dragons, well, love water; so I wouldn't keep them together. But that's just my opinion, and I'm by no means an expert.

ok thanx, should've thought of that!

enclosure size? outdoor pit? Wooden terrarium? glass vivarium? male or female? etc etc
details my friend, details

tank size is about 4.5-5ft, indoors, small water space about a 30cm long 4.5cm deep water bowl, male, glass tank not a vivarium... enough details?

yub, probably nothing like a beardie or bluetongue, anything that's happier in arid environments probably won't appreciate the added humidity
turtles might work but with that water space it won't be very happy i suppose
tank height?
and yes as disintegratus has said there's always a risk, its up to you if you're willing to bet on it.
oh and actually, define "ridiculously expensive" too? less than $200? $100?

^agreed^ another water dragon. and a turtle :)

If you go with beardy or blue tongue you need to make sure they cant drown in your pond

yub, probably nothing like a beardie or bluetongue, anything that's happier in arid environments probably won't appreciate the added humidity
turtles might work but with that water space it won't be very happy i suppose
tank height?
and yes as disintegratus has said there's always a risk, its up to you if you're willing to bet on it.
oh and actually, define "ridiculously expensive" too? less than $200? $100?

yeah definately no more than $200. tanks hight is 60-70cm

thanks for the replies!, the only hard thing is trying to find some-where in QLD with water dragons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back