Opinions on this. I do not like it.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think 2k for this set up and snake is way over the top. I spent 2k from an expencive pet store (yes it was way too much) but i did get a huge enclosure and cabinet plus all the nick-nacks and heat equipment too.
I think this enclosure is great for beardies, but not a full grown swcp. BUT - it is nice to see a very clean cage and healthy looking snake. I have seen some poor snakes living in conditions that can only be described as 'hell'. And if this snake is being taken out for walks every day to stretch his legs, it wouldn't be so bad in there.

Yes you right Davo the encloser Is to small abd even though Its advertised In WA Its at least 1000 dollars over priced

While I understand most snakes don't require huge amounts of space, I do believe they should be given enough room to stretch out. Although it is an ideality, it would be nice if we could provide an enclosure that a snake can wholy stretch out in. I'm not silly enough to think that this is always possible, but if you can only provide a 2ft viv then maybe stick with and antaresia for the time being. For the sake of the animal.

I mean, you could survive locked in a bedroom or bathroom all of your life - but it wouldn't really be nice, would it?

Lucky snakes are very different to humans and are perfectly happy to be living in their bedroom all their life ;) That's far more room then what a lot of snake get. If it had some more things to go up on then it would be set for a while imo. Certainly it's a clean enclosure and looks cared for. No reason for concern at all me thinks.

Personally I think price aside, although the enclosure is clean, it is way too small for that snake it has no room to climb or stretch at all. I would have thought it would need to be close to 4ft wide and 3ft+ heigh to be really suitable for the species and size of snake shown. At least if it were me I would rehouse it as soon as I bought it and stick a nice Stimi in the tank he has it in.

would you move to qld or nsw for one
Uhhhh maybe one day, but it won't be any time soon, but never say never right?? Haha. Plus I can see me one day wanting to move back to Perth since all my family are here if I do move.

BTW u can sell to other people in WA for a fee. I know there is a guy in rockingham, I think called reptile traders, who for a small fee does all the paperwork so people wanting to sell a snake can to other people

Uhhhh maybe one day, but it won't be any time soon, but never say never right?? Haha. Plus I can see me one day wanting to move back to Perth since all my family are here if I do move.

BTW u can sell to other people in WA for a fee. I know there is a guy in rockingham, I think called reptile traders, who for a small fee does all the paperwork so people wanting to sell a snake can to other people
yes most dealers will do transfers however many charge 50$ not that small really

yeah Sinners is right. It's a crazy system that you have to pay someone to move animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back