Enlarged dewlap? Angle headed dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah1526

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I just noticed today my female southern angle headed dragon has an enlarged dewlap (thta flap of skin under the chin), or at least its a lot bigger than it has ever been.
after some poking and prodding it seems like theres something in there. feels like eggs!
however, its not breeding season..
she hasnt eaten for over a week, and im always sure there's no left over food in the enclosure, so it shouldnt be food.
She didnt seem to be deliberately displaying it. she was just sitting high up on a vine, doing nothing.

can we see some pics of her a pic is always helpful :D

pics

DSC01005.jpg
DSC01006.jpg
DSC01007.jpg
heres a photo from earlier this year to put it into perspective
DSC00757.jpg
here she fell asleep against the branch so you can see something sticking out
DSC01010.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00757.jpg
    DSC00757.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 90
You need to open her mouth and see if there is an infection. & take her to a vet, it doesn't look good.

What ever it was, its disappeared so no need for concern.
cheers guys

It looks like maybe some bark was lodged in there.
Btw, they do not produce or store eggs in their dewlap

Actually it still is a concern. Reptiles do do not get harmless unexplained lumps. TAke it to the vet

It looks like maybe some bark was lodged in there.
Btw, they do not produce or store eggs in their dewlap

yes im aware of that lol but i have also caugh them eating their eggs in the past

Sorry for hijacking the thread with absolutely nothing usefull to add to the topic, but I just can't read passed the title without hearing Lisa Simpsons voice in the back of my head saying "hump and dewlap... hump, and dewlap". Hmmm... perhaps I do watch far too much television :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back