Thermostat recomendations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacey

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently using the "Eco Tech Advanced Reptile Thermostate" I have had it for about 6 and a half months and just in the last couple of weeks I have been having some trouble with it. I have the times set for when it needs to be on and off but there have been some days i have come home from work and my UV light is off and I dont know what time of the day it turned itself of which makes me worry about my beardie (even though he sleeps alot and prob doesnt notice).

Just wondering if there is a different brand or model that people recommend or if im just having some bad luck with this particular thermostat that i bought? I do intend on going to the reptile expo this weekend at the gold coast so if anyone can help out I could hopefully get a new thermostat there.

Thanks

microclimate is pretty good i use them , they probably would have a model that would suit you , Amazing Amazon has a good range of them and explains the different functions of each model well on their website , you can find them in the sponsors directory at the bottom of the page

set up shot.jpgI agree,

Microclimate are really well made and reliable. Go the M.E Magic Eye models. Light sensitive auto day/night settings.

Joyous

marc D

the auto eye, how does that work? what in laymans terms is it? just a sensor you put out the window and it controls the daylight the same as outside??

Over the years I have found microclimates to be less than decent.I have had around 4 fail over the last few years.I much prefer Habistats which to me have been a lot more reliable with some having been in use for over 10 years and still going strong.

^^ justdragons.
Sensor is built into temp control box.
I use my day cycle light to trigger it.

Over the years I have found microclimates to be less than decent.I have had around 4 fail over the last few years.I much prefer Habistats which to me have been a lot more reliable with some having been in use for over 10 years and still going strong.
what happened when it failed , did it continue to heat the enclosure or just cut out completely? just curious

I also strongly commend Habistats. Have not used microclimates. Have always used Habistats and been really happy with them.

I also strongly commend Habistats. Have not used microclimates. Have always used Habistats and been really happy with them.

Have to agree with you, am I correct in saying in Australia they don't come with the 5 year warranty as they do in the UK.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I have always used Habistat from Herpshop and recommend them..........Brian's customer service is top class, I fried one (totally my fault) and he fixed it up for me and sent it back free of charge. Not sure what the official warranty is but I am pretty sure he would stand by anything he sold you.

Cheers,
Paul

^^ justdragons.
Sensor is built into temp control box.
I use my day cycle light to trigger it.

Cheers mad, so it is just for the heat?? Is there one that has a timer too?? I want an atc 210 but great quality and reliable.. Habistat, microclimate and alike would be great. Is there one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently looking into the same thing, apparently the habistats can be run from the eye or a timer (not included) but I'm unsure of the microclimate. I was originally looking at the microclimate but ALOT of people here and elsewhere seem to run habistats and swear by them.

Cheers mad, so it is just for the heat?? Is there one that has a timer too?? I want an atc 210 but great quality and reliable.. Habistat, microclimate and alike would be great. Is there one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just controls heat.

Have to agree with you, am I correct in saying in Australia they don't come with the 5 year warranty as they do in the UK.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Anyone know with regard to Habistats in Australia.

Well the thermostat I have has the timer for the UV and the thermostat for the heat lamp to plug into and the p[art that fails is the UV. Which when It failed the uv turns off but the heat lamp still works fine :( really strange and annoying

Ive got habistat and microclimates as well as a various chinese digital types,both habistat and microclimates have failed here at various times ,out of frustation i binned a few habistat and microcimates and a few chinese ones as well.

Seems like the major problem is being able to replace fuses and some chinese types i couldnt get the fuses. The habistats had a fuse that wasnt easy replaceable but may have changed on newer versions ,fuses are easily replaceable on microclimates.

The last micoclimate i had was sent back to URS under warranty,had more than just fuse wrong with it ,to Tim Mensforths credit he has someone there to repair them and he sent it back in good working order ,so they come with a backed warranty by URS the australian distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back