Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasssss

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well just had to do a full substraight change (use coir peat ) when i only changed it yesterday because my silly woma decided he wanted to burrow himself under his water bowl which is a fair size so he spilt alot of water

so who elses womas do silly things like this he was really forcing himself under their he wasn't about to give up easy

mine held onto the tail of a rat once for 10mins shaking it like a dog shakes a chew toy! He also bit my left hand which was miles away from his enclosure, when the rat was in the tongs in my right hand in his enclosure next to his head. They arent the smartest of snakes!

My woma hasn't done anything silly yet, however my hognose, well, he's another story. When its time to eat he goes into full blown Billy Bad@#$, huffing and puffing and flattening his head. So if you touch him with the mouse/rat he bites himself. Plus he only eats on top of one hide is his viv. Wont even look if its on the other.

Kingsnakes are notorious for doing crazy stuff. Mine was a little weird. He would eat upside down....like on his back. He liked to bite himself for no reason. You'd walk past and he'd be biting.

my boy has spent a good amount of time trying to eat rats from the middle
he will find the head and tail then just start with the middle with no real sucess

My woma must pretty well stoned 90% of the time he is just extremely chilled and doesn't bite and will just lazily eat his food without even coiling it.

My woma must pretty well stoned 90% of the time he is just extremely chilled and doesn't bite and will just lazily eat his food without even coiling it.
Maybe try smoking in another room?

My Windorah Stimsons bury themselves too! Weird, temps are def not too hot in my tank and they also go under the water bowl...maybe they like the cool temperatures sometimes???????????????????????

My BHP did the same thing yesterday! Usually he just fills his water bowl with the substrate but yesterday, not only did he tip his water over but he did it next to one of the vents so it poured into the cabinet and underneath it. Pain in the neck!!!

One of my girls will wait until I have changed her substrate from like a little bit of wee and then once I clean up that little bit of mess make everything all neat and tidy again, she craps immediately on the fresh stuff! she is so reliable at it I just wait ten mins after I have changed her substrate then change it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back