Jugle python mis-struck and damaged his jaw!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deana

Reaction score
Hi people of AP&S,

I was in the process of trying to feed my jungle tonight and for some reason he mis-struck and hit the log in his enclosure while aiming for the rat. :( He pulled back and seem dazed - he was swaying and and just seemed not right. I left the rat in there to see if he would eat it, but he kind of wondered around swaying a little. Then i noticed his lower jaw is damaged! :( I'm so upset and I feel very bad for him and myself.
It's on the left side and is pushed in and a little up turned. He yawned once but it didn't fix it. He hasnt tried to eat the rat and has now gone back to his resting spot.
I have already looked on here for the appropriate vets to call and see if i can get an appointment in the morning.
I guess I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen with there pythons?
My jungle is 3 years old and has always fed normally.
I hope he isnt in too much pain? I feel sick that he may be permanently damaged.
Any advice?

Do you have a photo? Sometimes snakes will catch the skin of their jaws on their teeth and it looks as you've described.

Hmmm trying to upload a pic but having trouble on here... I dont think its caught on teeth because when he yawned it didnt help. Ok Jungletrans, i'll have to wait untill tomorrow anyway so hopefully time will heal...

Hmmm trying to upload a pic but having trouble on here... I dont think its caught on teeth because when he yawned it didnt help. Ok Jungletrans, i'll have to wait untill tomorrow anyway so hopefully time will heal...

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 263379
There he is... on the right hand side you can see that his lower left jaw is tucked under

Last edited:
They can dislocate the jaws its happened to mIne befor just give it time jcp are tough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back