What is the best substrate for a snake ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Safest is paper, but I use aspen, it's still safe and it's so easy to clean, just pick out the crap and replace that spot with fresh stuff.

New's paper for me, cheap replaceable & soaks up most things pretty well

Many different choices, I use and recommend breeders choice.

I use the marine carpet from Bunnings, it washes clean and once it gets tatty I cut up a new piece. Usually my pythons will go on the grass if I time it right to take them outside..

I use kritter's and kitty's crumble, easy to spot clean, very absorbent, looks great. I've started buying the bulk bags of kitty's crumble about $20 for 35L bag, the only thing is it comes quite damp, so I empty the bag into a large storage tub, leave it in the sun to dry out for a day or two

I use a hemp substrate. Looks great and my carpet python seems to enjoy curling up on it. Very easy to clean. Smells great as well.

i started off using expensive stuff aspen , reptile bark etc however i soon discovered the most practical substrate for me was kitty litter....the paper pellets type breeders choice? i think its called. Its cheap absorbent and doest look too bad. I have recently started using sheets of newspaper instead because im pregnant and its easier to spot clean. Mind u my guys do 99% of there poos and wees outside on the grass.

Aspen without a doubt, cheap and easy to get (here at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back