reptile room starting to take form :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaper

Reaction score
been a while slowly building up the collection and getting a decent reptile room going. progress so far

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 467
Looks good cobber, what are you keeping/ planning to keep?

and i cant seem to find the tread but a little while ago someone put a little how to with routing a heat cord into the floor and putting tiles over the top for heat.so a little shout out to them, in the enclosure split into 3 i gave it a go and works like a charm the tiles sit at 32-38 without a thermo and the rest of the enclosure stays fairly cool. saves a lot using 1 cord doing 3 enclosures

- - - Updated - - -

right now in them there is 5 jungles 2 spotteds 2 het darwins 1 BHP and a diamond :D

It was me.

Attachments

• P1040777.jpg
    P1040777.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 179
  • P1040791.jpg
    P1040791.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 188
  • P1040847.jpg
    P1040847.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 175
  • P1040852.jpg
    P1040852.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 191
It was me.

well thankyou, it works so well and no more paying for globes

- - - Updated - - -

I only count 9 enclosures are some of jungles together?

yeah the big 4 level enclosure the top level has 2, 2 year old females in it and the one under has a 3 year old male and female.
only keep them together as i wait to build more enclosures.

aquarium grade silicone. i don't think they would get under but just don't want them to mess up in the cracks. one of the spotteds has a talent for finding interesting areas to poop

Yes I silicon them down so no 'mess' gets under them and I use pre-sealed tiles as they clean up so much easier - 10x easier than heat matts even the uric acid.
Sabohan yes I leave the cord on all the time as they are connected thru a thermostat and no heat lamp as the idea of the tiles is a 'one spot' heat source for your animal to choose and your not trying to heat the air up in the enclosure to a 'hot box'. I was amazed how much time they spend away from the heat as i have swapped from globes to matts - too now heated tiles and by far the best way to go IMO.

Cheers
Congo

That heat tile looks like a good option for diamonds so are affected from over heating, I might give it ago, cheers. Reptile room is looking great as well, thanks for sharing

Very nice mate...1 thing tho ...think the jungles would appreciate more elivation as in verticl enclosures instead of horizontal...tho perfect for your BHP

Very nice, I bet your neighbours wonder what the hell is going on at your house, 1 room with a red light all night every night... Mine wonder too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back