Finally got bitten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
Been keeping pythons for 2 years now and got my first bite today. I handle them all the time ( at least once every two days or so) and the little jungle finally got me after hundreds, or possibly thousands of attempts. The other 3 haven't yet to even try but I bloody dread the day my big coastal tries.

WooHooo way to go.. I havnet been tagged yet either.. Congrats :)

was tagged bye my adult childrens python recently, it won't be the last either.

My Jungles try lots.. One is a rescued Jungle. When I first got him he wanted blood.. now he hisses lots before attempting to tag me..

I get tagged my by little Bredli hatchling a couple of times every time I get him out, the little bigger got me on the lip the other day. I know exactly how you feel about the coastal, I have a 7' diamond who I'd hate to cop a bite from. Luckily for me she's a total puppy dog. Her name is fluffy.

i got a ft diamond every time i put my hand in even to chane the water i cop at least three bites from :/

When I change my guys water or poop pick..... I hold a piece of A4 paper between my hand at the bowl and the snake :lol: while the snake is reading the paper, I whisk away the bowl.... same to return it... :lol: it works :shock:

Hahaha I had to feed him tonight and was putting the tongs through the gap in a chopping board to form a shield between me and the very very angry little prick. I hope he calms down but if he doesn't....... I will bleed a lot more I guess. If this attitude keeps up I'm renaming him to Diablo.

It's sounds counter intuitive but I let my hatchlings bite me because the more I get bitten, the less I care and if the snake bites you and doesn't get a reaction it will realise that biting has no effect so it will stop. The worst thing you can do is be scared and flinch when your snake strikes, it's just reinforcing its instinct to bite

I agree that you losing your arm pulling away reflex is a good thing for your pythons teeth! However are you sure they will loose their instinct to bite? They get less nippy as they get older.

my girl has not bitten me yet shes hissed, usually when in shed stage but never actually struck at me and shes only getting bigger so the bites going to be bigger i guess it will make for a more impressive photo.

i got my first bite when i went to buy my very first snake. i reached my hand in the tub and she bit me, i fell in love

- - - Updated - - -

i got my first bite when i went to buy my very first snake. i reached my hand in the tub and she bit me, i fell in love

I agree that you losing your arm pulling away reflex is a good thing for your pythons teeth! However are you sure they will loose their instinct to bite? They get less nippy as they get older.

Instinct probably wasn't the right word. They will definitely still have an instinct to bite, but if biteing doesn't get a reaction, they will be less likely to act upon those instincts. If that makes sense. It has worked for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back