extreme Okeetee corn snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIKEY1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This is my 2 year old female extreme Okeetee corn snake named Kidani. She's 3.5 feet of gorgeous. :lol:
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 101_0940.jpg
    101_0940.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 103_0938.jpg
    103_0938.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 382
She looks good. What makes it an extreme? Also, what kind of enclosure is that? Looks pretty good.

Cheers dannydee! Originally Okeetees were a locality line from the Okeetee hunt club in South Carolina. Famous for the black borders around the reddish saddles. Then in the 1980's Lee Abbott started to selectively breeding the ones with the thickest black borders, known as Abbott's Okeetees. Today, a few well known breeders are competing with Lee. So at this time, they are called "Extreme" if Lee didn't breed them. For a normal, they are very popular. One of the things I love about my girl, is that her saddles wrap around like bands. The enclosure is a 36 inch Neodesha. It's plastic with a sliding glass front.

Very pretty:)

But keep it away from here. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Because the internet is stupid, I should clarify, I meant "here" as in Australia, not "here" as in APS.

Cheers dannydee! Originally Okeetees were a locality line from the Okeetee hunt club in South Carolina. Famous for the black borders around the reddish saddles. Then in the 1980's Lee Abbott started to selectively breeding the ones with the thickest black borders, known as Abbott's Okeetees. Today, a few well known breeders are competing with Lee. So at this time, they are called "Extreme" if Lee didn't breed them. For a normal, they are very popular. One of the things I love about my girl, is that her saddles wrap around like bands. The enclosure is a 36 inch Neodesha. It's plastic with a sliding glass front.

The Okeetees are definitely the best looking corns going in my opinion. I used to have a few myself a good few years ago. I would still have them, had I not went overseas. This is the first I've heard about the extremes. Thanks for explaining for me.

Very nice looking :)

Oh and I can see Spongebob and Patrick enjoying it in the substrate ;)

CRIKEYS that's a cracker. Do they handle and behave somewhat like your childreni??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice snake matey. Those are really vibrant colors.

Very nice looking :)

Oh and I can see Spongebob and Patrick enjoying it in the substrate ;)
Sabohan - LOL!
CRIKEYS that's a cracker. Do they handle and behave somewhat like your childreni??

justdragons - Being called a cracker in the states means something else. LOL! Thanks I think. ;) She's chill & puppy dog tame. Great with my kids. She never turns down a meal. As far as my childreni, I chose a childreni because I heard they were like that too. I've only had him for almost a month. So far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just people have them illegally in Australia and let them go when it reaches full length or they cant be bothered with it anymore. So they are a problem but not there fault if you get what I mean?
BlackHeaded92- That reminds me of our python problem in Florida. It's not the snake's fault. :(
The Okeetees are definitely the best looking corns going in my opinion. I used to have a few myself a good few years ago. I would still have them, had I not went overseas. This is the first I've heard about the extremes. Thanks for explaining for me.
dannydee - I agree. Out of all the cool designer morphs these days, Okeetees are my favorite. Can you have them in the UK?

Last edited:
Hey CRIKEY1,

Yeah we can have them in the UK, they're very popular. It's all morphs now, which I am not so keen on. Some of them look ok, but I'm a purest at heart.

As expected, clicking on this post made me so frustrated that i cant have it lol. Australian snakes are beautiful but its only natural to want the extreme morphs that the states are blessed with.

Lol whoops. Kind of reminds me of a thread where crocdoc said he won't wear thongs around his Lacey anymore cause he doesn't want to lose a toe and a American piped up and said if I was wearing a thong around my Lacey I'd be more worried about losing something else lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back