Snake hasn’t come out and behaving strangely!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toyletteagua

Reaction score
I’m a first time snake owner. I’m a teenager, and I got Betty, an albino ball python about a year ago. I’ve never had problems with her at all. I’m worried her tank isn’t sufficient or heating is bad. I know something is wrong. Betty used to stay in her hide but she would come out every night and just crawl around she was always extremely active. About a week ago, my stepfather bought me her rats, but they were one size bigger than her usual. I thought it would be fine and fed it to her anyways. After feeding she hasn’t came out of her hide for a week, I thought she was dead. Today she came out of her hide halfway and opened her jaw wide and her body was contracting ? Almost as if she was throwing up, she went back into her hide afterwards I’m not sure why she was doing this. Was it feeding her that bigger rat? Or is it something wrong with her tank? Please help me!!

How big is your tank for your Python is it well heated! It seems you fed your python a large rat. You should try feeding your python a small rat next time I hope your python will be okay.

Back