Acky care sheet please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_Gratte

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all I have got a six month old acky which I received recently. I was just wondering if I could have a care sheet? Sorry for being a pain. Thx could this please include diet, housing (enclosure and what to put in it), temperatures and anything else that is relevant

Last edited:
Josh for the animals sake it's probably a good idea to do the research before you take the animal. I'm not aware of any Ackie specific care sheet but if you search this forum you'll find literally hundreds of threads relating to this topic. But just briefly, it will need a minimum of a 1200x600x600 size enclosure (larger the better as it grows), a basking spot surface temperature (not air temperature) of 45-55 degrees & a diet consisting of appropriate sized rodents & dusted crickets or woodies. Then you'll need things like substrate, branches, a few hide logs & possibly an Ackie stack.

Heaps of info on the net. I recommend you invest in something like Danny Brown's Keeping Australian Monitors. This is a great reference always at your finger tips. Problem with the internet you will need to work out what info is more appropriate. As Chris stated it is a good idea to become a bit of a subject matter expert before obtaining the animal. But you should get the basics from APS. Please don't underestimate how important a good basking spot is and having a good temperature gradient is. Remember too natural sunlight on a regular basis for your lizard.
All the best and make sure to post some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back