abandones turtles :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbest

Reaction score
So i went to a repossession the other day (I'm a locksmith) and upon getting inside me and the agent for the bank noticed a fish tank with two turtles in it. To his understanding no one had been to the house in months so we found some food in a freezer which was still running and gave them some which they loved. I told him to ring the RSPCA and organize someone to collect them and left it at that. He rang me back today and said he had had no luck with RSPCA animal welfare league or council. Whether or not this is true I don't know as my better half works for the RSPCA and scoffed at the thought when I told her and is organizing someone to call me about them. My question is where to go next and if not do these need to be kept on license like snakes as I have a good friend who has a turtle and could probably ask him if he minds looking after them.

yes, all reptiles need to be kept on a permit. If you want them you can contact DERM and state the situation and ask about bringing them into your care and onto your license. It's truely sad what some people do to animals. They are very lucky to be alive

Alternatively, locate and contact a Craig latta. He's been known to take turtles in, especially krefts, maclays, and Marys.

I have contacted derm who are most likely sending a ranger to collect them and investigate apparently. Will hear back soon. Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated.

wow i have a bil called Craig latta and he was from QLD but not the same person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back