A question for the more mature members, 30+

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO WAY....i have made alot of bad decisions and ended up in some places that people would never want to be in but have met some really great people and learnt alot along the way and have ended up making a choice that i think for now has saved my life...i am with a wonderful woman who i will soon marry havent set a date yet..it took me a long time to make that decision im 40 years old this year so im a slow learner lol but just didnt want to give up what i had but didnt want to lose everyone i knew so here i am now and besides being out of work and having no money i am still loving life and would not change it for anything......

I've thought about this before, I would be extremely tempted but love my wife and daughter so if would be very hard to leave them.

I have some things that are too precious to lose so the answer is no.

A lot of my bad decisions have been the most fun times so no I would not.

Initially I thought yep, I'd like to do it all over..but then I started thinking (surprisingly)... I am now 57 (nearly 58) andstarted with reptiles when I was about 5. (I can still remember catching my forst lizard (a Jacky Dragon) in Oatley Park on a family picnic... Since that time I have had many near misses with high risk sports, rockclimbing, abseiling, car accidents, hitch hiking, racing cars, venomous snakes, gliding, stupid teenage pranks etc.....lost friends on the journey too....so I think I have been blessed with a lucky streak for some reason.
If I did it all over again, I don't think I could be that lucky. So NO, I'll stick with the life I have had (so far). It has been awesome..even if I'm nowhere near as hot as Sezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ive made many wrong desicions that lead to mistakes but both taught me lessons and have made me a stronger and wiser person. Ive walked a rocky road but i like where its lead me.....wouldnt change a thing! :D

Last edited:
There's only one thing I wish I'd known earlier in my life. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

if you spend your formative years being told you are useless (must stipulate here: never by my parents) it really is hard to believe in your own abilities.

I don't know how anyone can say this to a child or a young person and still feel good about themselves. It's hurtful, destructive and never right - unless a vulnerable person hears it too often and takes it to heart, leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy. Congratulations, Sezzzzzzzz, for proving them wrong. I've always thought that's the best revenge.

As fun as it would be, I don't think I'd want to be younger again. I'd like to change some of the decisions I made and focus on some of the things that I neglected but I'm mostly happy with the person I am at 30 (almost 31) and the things I'd change are pretty trivial.

I do wish I'd never left so many good friends behind when I was younger as I don't have many now and that depresses me a lot.

First thoughts are that I would only do this knowing that i would end up close to where I am now but with a better financial position , My wife ,children and lifestyle are all pretty much as good as it gets -- (with the limited funds )

second ,if i knew not to get in the car fall asleep hit 7 other cars and think oh bother (insert real word here ) No insurance !!!!!

And i should of taken the nudist step earlier and involed more friends before they became so concerned with saggy this and floppy that :(

but if i did that i would now be the owner of that nudist resort in FNQ living a totaly different life :?

Go back? No way, I've done all right for coming from nothing and I can only see bad times a head for this world the way its going.

Absolutely, says the man who bought abc childcare shares instead of apple.

I only wished i never smoked and drank.........work in progress !!!!!!!!

No chance, i feel happier and more confident with each passing year, i'd hate to go back to 21.

If I didn't have the two most awesome kids I would do it in a heartbeat but knowing my kids i could never go back and risk changing who they are.

I did it. I quit my job six months ago and started writing for a living. So far so good. I've managed to win a few awards and have some stuff published. Plus, I have a very interesting Herp book idea waiting in the wings, so keep an eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back