show us your northern rainforest diamonds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all these snakes hideous. why dont you guys let me do you a favor and let me take them off your hands.:D

i sure do here he is
795b15b3-962c-57be.jpg
795b15b3-963e-1a0b.jpg

Wow, this guy is stunning!
Diamonds never appeal to me much, but this is freaking awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

795b15b3-962c-57be.jpg
795b15b3-963e-1a0b.jpg

Wow, this guy is stunning!
Diamonds never appeal to me much, but this is freaking awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know the thread is about northern greens but these BW Diamonds are amazing! So is this guy classed as an axanthic Diamond? All I have is a common High yellow at the moment but seeing the high whites and thinking about a Tiger project I want to work on, it gives me some ideas about a black and white striped Diamond. Of course I can always wait till my high green or yellow are old enough.

Last edited:
b/w diamond.
The pic was taken with the diamond in the tank and the glass is a bit dirty, so the pic is not real crisp, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Diamond Python    124.jpg
    Diamond Python 124.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 133
Those b/w diamonds are amazing.. To the people who own Diamonds, are the gentle giants when they are a little older??

Amazing snake! Almost a "reverse" diamond, isn't it? Would it be, maybe a hypo? Why aren't there more of these?

I know the thread is about northern greens but these BW Diamonds are amazing! So is this guy classed as an axanthic Diamond?

Axanthic = a recessive genetic trait

axanthics lack xanthophores ( yellow pigmentation)

the snake in question is merely a black and white snake....

unless its bred and proved to be something else

cheers shaun

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing snake! Almost a "reverse" diamond, isn't it? Would it be, maybe a hypo? Why aren't there more of these?

hypo = Hypomelanistic = animal with reduced melanin (black pigmentation )

its a black and white snake mate,definatly not a hypo

heres one of my Diamond X Jungle produced here in the UK,with similar looks to some of the Diamond Intergrades in this thread
diamondbw-2.jpg

cheers shaun

Last edited:
this yearling was purchased from a member of APS (JEZJEZ)

Attachments

• mixed 007.jpg
    mixed 007.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 79
I have a bit of thing for these Diamonds. I think I might have to hunt down a hatchy at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back