Thick tailed help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
I feel like such an idiot but when I got my baby thick tailed yesterday I forgot how much to feed it and feed it 4 or 5 pinhead crickets last night but was just goin of what the net told me to feed adults and couldn't find anything about baby thickies so if anyone could help me it would be appreciated thanks

ok thanks i gave him 4 or 5 last night and was just unsure if i was under or over feeding him but thanks

aha yeah mine is about 5cm if not less and just wondering if anyone knows the breeder that was selling them

um not sure but if it help there was only a table with thick tailes on it and do you feed them in a seperate container or in there enclousure

all right probs try and tong feed him and does he have a website

dont worry found the website

and is there any way to make them used to handeling or do you just have to keep holding them for half hour to an hour a day

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt handle him to much so far as I would let him get used to his new environment get some photos of home in his enclosure!!!!

Last edited:
all right probs try and tong feed him and does he have a website

dont worry found the website

and is there any way to make them used to handeling or do you just have to keep holding them for half hour to an hour a day

Dont handle him............ especially as a baby or he wont eat.

Holding him for a half hour plus would make very scared and maybe defensive

Congrats on ur new gecko though... Did you end up doing up that wooden box?

Last edited:
IMG_0198.JPGIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0194.JPG1st pic: this is the tank i made from the "wooden box" and some decorations i got from the expo on sunday.
2nd: is my gecko exploring his tank at night but just turned the light on to take a photo and as soon as i did he looked directly at me and watched me the whole time aha.
3rd: this is my gecko and me handeling him about 2 hours ago but i wont be handeling him for a while now.
hope you enjoyed the pics and would love to see pics of your geckos and setups and just to let you know im probly goin to get a mate for him soon once i have enough money to since i have no money at the moment ahaha :/

Feed bigger crickets. Pin heads will be very hard for him to catch as they are so small.

No I was handling him like two hours before putting this post up and ok will buy bigger crickets

No handling. Crickets about the width of its head as many as it will eat. You can't overfeed young reptiles all they do is grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back