kids and Nth Korea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacorin

Reaction score
how many ppl have teenage kids?? how many have spoken to or heard their kids talking about Nth korea and its nuclear war talk???

i ask these questions because i own a local take away shop and just had 4 boys from the local high school sitting around talking about it.1) they are very worried and concerned there will be a war 2) who our allies are? they thought CHINA was an ally of ours 3) will there be conscription and at what age? 4) where was Korea??

i spoke to them using information to the best of my knowledge about the subject. needless to say,we as parents need to talk to our kids about this,if i can have 4 boys talking about it in my shop,how many others are talking about it with their friends and not having the knowledge to tell themselves the true facts(as much as they can).

ask yourselves question you would like answered and i can bet they are the same questions your kids want to ask. find out the information and sit your kids down and talk to them,with the best information you can gather

thx for reading

Shane

where is the problem?:lol:
603952_319957514793398_1892232416_n.jpg

As far as I understand it, NK is basically being starved through UN sanctions as a means restrict their weapons production (primarily). Of what they claim to have already, they are at this point targeting their taunts towards the US and not necessarily the US' allies.

Of what capability they claim to have, they could only strike SK, Japan or Guam (being countries with US military bases). The US have placed anti-missile weapons in the region as a precautionary measure.

At this point they are taking it seriously, trying to not accidently escalate the situation, but if anything occurs, nuclear wise, the US would take action possible with nuclear action. Given that however, NK surely knows it isn't upto the task of taking on the nuclear power of the US - so most likely this is all bravado from NK, but with such a young leader and the international community not having any real experience with how he responds, it is very uncertain what will happen in the coming days/weeks/months.

Experts are also saying that despite their reactivation of a Plutonium reactor, it will take atleast a year to get the system running to produce weapons grade material, and then several years to attain enough material for a sizable collection of bombs. Saying this, they intend to diffuse the situation so they have time for that.

This is as much as I understand it, given recent news sources.

Basically it is all talk at this point with some provocative action. But keep in mind this is a younger perhaps more aggressive version of the late Kim Jung-Il.

I myself hope it doesn't eventuate to anything because in August and December of this year I have to go to Japan for my wedding... when I say I want it to go off with a bang...i don't mean that kind of bang lol

yeh thx m8..... hopefully we can get the info to our kids and try to calm their fears over this by talking to them,thats what i was hoping for anyway

All the kids at school are talking about it....seems like a hot topic for some reason :?

...except we aren't as dumb as the kids described above :lol: We actually know what is going on...that's a fancy college for you ;)

I have given my kids a little chat and explained that he is basicly trying to big note himself , as is a family trait . Dad was lead singer in the worlds best rock band , played he best round of golf ever , and also bought the most Whiskey or Brandy of any purchaser in the world

Maybe he is trying to get more followers on twtter or likes on facebook that daddy . If he really is going to do anything he isnt looking at the repercussions

just my thoughts not wanting to offend or upset anyone sorry in advance :facepalm:

my boys have heard bits and bobs from the news and we have explained the best we can. Its a bit confronting when your 9 yr old says straight out 'mum is that korean guy gonna nuke us all and take over the world?' :shock: i was like no....and then got my husband to explain the rest.

NK is most certainly not being starved by the UN sanctions. The latest round of sanctions were only agreed upon after China insisted on revisions removing requirements for economic sanctions beyond those targeting luxury goods. Not too many of the general population have luxury goods. NK is still receiving vast amounts of aid (estimates are 80% of their consumer goods and 45% of their food) from China which admittedly gets funnelled straight into the military but this leaves the aid given by the world food aid for the general population. This is a rather clever way of getting around foreign aid policies of other countries and still maintaining their own 'military first' policy as China calls their aid 'economic development' and 'humanitarian aid' but enforces neither.

Well I was talking to my dad about it after reading about Kim Jong and his BFF NBA dude in the newspaper. I have little concern. I mean yeah there's always the little thing in the back of your mind especially being a teen and its a serious topic. But overall, I see it as a threat display. He's like a bloomin BHP or Texty! He'd be a complete idiot to start a war. He's got few allies and they don't want a war. And come on. He's up against America. He can't hardly even reach America and if he does, they have missile things to counteract his missiles. My only real concern is for Sth Korea, Japan etc.

Maybe I'm being optimistic about the situation but at least I've still got the sense to know that yes, it could turn ugly.

he's just a fat ugly show off with a really sexy haircut. :p:rolleyes:

we've got nothing to worry about, if we're really that concerned just park the USS Missouri on their doorstep and open up. NK hasn't got anything to deal with what the western nations have technology wise. even if they were to send off a nuke it would be shot down and the launch facility destroyed, we don't even need to nuke them back. the conventional weapons the US have on hand are more than enough to quell any **** they try to stir up

and lets remember...China is their ally,not ours..... and they have the capability to hit Aust if they want....... i also think its a case of "me top dog of country now,got to show me better than dad" and this haircut cost me 3 bowls of rice...verry expensive :p :p

There's a 50% chance their missile would go straight up and down and they'd nuke themselves.

and lets remember...China is their ally,not ours..... and they have the capability to hit Aust if they want....... i also think its a case of "me top dog of country now,got to show me better than dad" and this haircut cost me 3 bowls of rice...verry expensive :p :p

China is allied with America isn't it? Me and a few mates from work always chat who we think the next world war will between and the only possible answer is China and America.

The only cool thing about North Korea is how there soldiers march. I saw it on the news the other day and HOLY FLYING BANANAS it was awesome haha. Reminds of the Lion King when the hyenas were Marching for Scar. (Haven't seen it for like 10 years but still a awesome movie when I was a kid).

I think we can all blame the media for the scare mongering and hype once again, then when this fizzles out and something else happens to grab peoples attention it will all be forgotten.

This is what the majority of todays society has become, lemmings fed by social media who believe anything that someone on the TV says. What happened to people being proactive? Doing research for themselves & forming their own opinions? They may not be right but that's what makes a diverse society.

The US positioned a destroyer off the SK coast to act as a localised ballistic shield against North Korean missiles, if they do push the button, they will be the only significant thing destroyed. They simply don't have the technology, the best they could have is short range 'dirty bombs' which would be enough to stage a full forced nuclear attack from the west, leaving a crater where NK once was. The main threat is Chinas loyalties and in my opinion, they have advanced themselves in the world order so far that sticking with NK would wind their evolutionary clock back about 60 years. NK has already carried out three nuclear tests against Chinas wishes, also re-opening the reactor was another defiant act. They simply aren't making any friends. They only ties left are funding and they are under much speculation.

This is probably the best and most accurate quote I've heard from the media so far:
Gillard said she would be personally asking Beijing to put pressure on North Korea, though it’s hard to imagine the dead-PM-walking having any influence on the world superpower except in trade matters.

She is our biggest threat at the moment. She needs a leash, a very short one.

Me and a few mates from work always chat who we think the next world war will between and the only possible answer is China and America.
I always thought it would be Israel versus (most of) the rest of the middle east. Then hopefully Kurdistan would put their hand up to help Israel (not that Israel would probably need it, being tight with the US and all) in the hope of becoming an independant state. I want to see Kurdistan involved because from the little I know, the Kurds dont discriminate between man and woman like other Islamic countries and are a really forward-thinking type of non-extremist people that deserve a country to call their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back