VIC Wildlife Regulations being changed...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it mention enclosure sizes anywhere?

Do we have to record feeds/sheds In the green record book? I thought that was for purchases, sales and breeding? Where do I record feeds and sheds? Sorry a little off topic but I need to Start recording as it passed my mind. Cheers guys.

No the code of practice remains unchanged.

As for the" PAPER" license fading and turning to dust in your wallet , I just laminate mine . They last so long that I have a draw full of my old ones . I would like min cage sizes . I have a personal hatred of tubs for adult snakes .

As for the" PAPER" license fading and turning to dust in your wallet , I just laminate mine . They last so long that I have a draw full of my old ones . I would like min cage sizes . I have a personal hatred of tubs for adult snakes .

Exactly what I do, saves whats mentioned below from happening.

If kept my licence in my wallet (on the off chance I was to purchase some animals on a whim) it would be illegible within 3 mths due to wear and tear. It is not a counterfeit proof card with a hologram and my photo on it, it is a piece of paper. PIECE OF PAPER! Other states can print their own off, but we are expected to pay for a replacement? GTFO.
As for digital records, I doubt that if I was to suffer a break and enter on my premises that my record book would go missing. Laptop yep see you later, so how do I keep records then? And considering how inaccurate the online return was for me last year, I wouldn't trust a digital record system offered by them. I have never kept snakes but according to the DSE I had an assortment of them.
Harsher penalties? Pfft, when are they going to enforce that? How many fines have you heard of being issued for licence breaches? Unless you are associated with a bike club or drugs(or both) you can pretty much fly under the radar and even then the offences associated with the aforementioned are more than likely trumped up to make a bust look more impressive.

And finally why should we put more money into a government body coffers? I pay taxes and Licence fees already, if they cannot utilise the funds created by that, they do not deserve any more. How many conservation projects are solely funded by government? Not many, if any. (No Scribe)

I guess we just have different opinions on this, you see it as meddling and I see it as wider acceptance for what we do.

As for electronic records, I meant on their end. If they stuff that up thats all well and fine by me - it's their problem. I too keep my own personal paper records, but when it comes to returns and taxa held according to them I don't care if they electronically stuff it up. I have the hard copies and license details of everything held, bought, sold ect. so I know I'm in the right and that can be backed up with a phone call or two...

Last edited:
I'm stoked with what's on the schedule. Bring on June!

Am I reading that correct? all Carpet Pythons will be divided into sub species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back