Worry about a single mite?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sacs4010

Reaction score
I noticed today when I took out my male Woma Python that he had a single mite on him. I checked the rest of him and did not find any more. I did not find any in his water dish either. I keep his tank at about 40% humidity. Should I worry? Should I treat him and his setup? What should I do? :(

Where there's one there's more. Definitely treat or before you know they'll be everywhere!

What do I do? I live in the United States, so I believe some of the products I have scene mentioned on this forum for Mites may not be available to me here.

You should be able to get top of descent in the states mate. Lots of airlines use it to kill bugs in the cabin on international flights.

I 'borrowed' a whole carton from work teehee. Haven't had to use it yet though

Last edited:
Soak your snake in warm water with a drop of dishwashing detergent - just a drop. If there are mites, the detergent will cause them to sink to the bottom and drown.

You Should remove the Snake , that has mites from you're collection. Because they spread easily and can go on you're collection. They spread fast.( If there is one mite , there is more likely to be more. In Us i think they have Prevent Mite.

Last edited:
Soak your snake in warm water with a drop of dishwashing detergent - just a drop. If there are mites, the detergent will cause them to sink to the bottom and drown.
Does this really work, I've heard it mentioned before but I was a bit skeptical about it..regards Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back