Please help! Jungle is shaking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boyfriend takes him to his friend places to show him off that what I mean

A neurological tic can develope as a snake ages and is exposed to high levels of stress. The first video looks like IBD or something similar. The second just looks like shivering to raise body temp, often used by incubating females to regulate clutch temps.

I'd like to know how often he's handled and is he eating regularly? Is there any other irregular behaviour?
Well it looks like neither of the videos. He has been handled a lot maybe a but to much to be honest and no he has nothing else wrong with him he is 100% fine other then this body movement

Last edited by a moderator:

Legally the snake isn't allowed to leave the permit holders property unless to a vet or you are taking it to AAE, freight, new owner etc. unless you have your display permit :/

Not to be a downer. Hope your jungle is okay:)

it couldnt hurt for a check up, but i still really doubt youll find anything wrong with him , i tell you what if you take it to the vet and find out theres a problem with him ill pay the difference sound good? thats how sure i am and if bez84 is on here i bet he can vouch for he was the person that i brought him off lol payed 300 because he was the only male :)
I agree with you! I'm sure it's just stress I was just scared cause the fact I have never experienced that behaviour !!! Thank you do much for everything

Legally the snake isn't allowed to leave the permit holders property unless to a vet or you vare taking it to AAE, freight, etc. unless you have your display permit :/

Not to be a downer. Hope your jungle is okay:)
Wait? Really ! I did not know that it's not aloud To leave the premises

It's in the permit's "Terms and Conditions". :)
Wel that is so surprising ! Not many cops know that! I didn't even know that and I've had a licence for 10 years now! I'm guessing there penalties if left the premises ? Is there any other way your aloud to have it go out of premises

As Steve said it sounds neural, there are numerous causes such as viral, trauma or from excess heat. Stress may exaccerabte it but it certainly isn't a normal response to stress.

I'm guessing this is a recent addition... I there any chance it could have being exposed to excessive heat while on one of its trips away from home. eg, left in a car for a little while. Or possibly handled roughly or dropped. I’m hoping your boyfriend’s mate doesn’t have reptiles as well because then there is the chance of cross infection. Shaking is not a normal response to stress. I think a vet check-up could be a good idea and if it turns out nothing is wrong then that is the best possible outcome. At least you would know for sure.

my striped coastal used to shake only when i was holding her and was told it was stress by the breeder, perko on thiss site now owns the snake and he hasnt had any problems with it... OH YEAH DID I MENTION THE SNAKE WAS MINE before i sold it to nelly... i had it since it was a hatchy which i brought from bez84 from this site

Hang on...You have had this snake about a week, and it is being carted around by your boyfriend to others houses for hero status.....and you are concerned it is acting stressed??

The poor thing is probably beside itself with fear!

Put it back in its enclosure, leave it alone for at least a week, then handle it for short periods each day for the following week and see how it goes.

Why people buy snakes to be a "hero" with their mates is beyond me!

Snakes can show all sorts of weird things when highly stressed.....take the stress out of its life and let it adjust and you might find it is as normal as the next snake. Treat it abnormally and you are highly likely to get abnormal results.

Give the poor thing a chance to settle. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it only does it when being handled. It is scared.....and you have not given it the opportunity to grow confidence in you and its new surroundings.

And probably should mention, i have already emailed her on the details of the snake she knows now to let it settle for awhile

That could be the reason he has been going alot of places and traveled around with me a lot and seen a lot of things! But I have done the same things with all my snakes and they were perfectly fine when they went out and about with me

Sounds like it wasn't just one trip with your boyfriend. Leave him alone for a few days and if the shaking gets worse or he displays other abnormal behaviour take him to the vet asap. Nilesh said earlier the jungle didn't do this him so something is wrong to make it behave abnormally.

@Nilesh was your coastal a young snake? I have heard of slight shaking when young and stressed in some cases but not excessive shaking in an adult with no previous evidence of this behaviour.

Jungles aren't really a good snake to give to boyfriends to show off to their mates, I find eastern browns or coastal Taipans to be much more of an experience.

I'd say it could be stress related, I've had scared hatchies do something similar, where they squeeze down really tight on your fingers to the point they wobble a bit, but never almost falling when they release their grip.

Does his friend have snakes, have they done anything to it? Tried to get it drunk maybe...

My female MD does some thing similar to what your saying!

has only happened maybe 4 or 5 times! But it's strange always when I'm handling her a certain way holding the majority of the base of the snake with her head hanging down or out like you handle and elapid supporting her body weight! And she sort of has a mini seizure/fit for less than 2 seconds! She's the only one that does it! Have had her vet checked every year since I've had her! Which is 6 years and she's completely healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back