My Maggi's moody

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyMaggi

Reaction score
Hi guys,
im new to the site but I'm over trying to figure it out for myself :)
I'm the proud owner of an aprox 2 1/2 year old south west carpet python, Maggi. I've had her now for about ten months and she's been great, feed well, docile, handles well, even to the point my 8 year old can play baby dolls with her, shes stubborn but never has she even so much as slightly snapped at anyone.
Until about 4 weeks ago.
I was moving house, her tank was keep on a cabinet we needed to move, so Mag's and her tank were placed on the floor where she stayed for about a day, after this time, i went to get her out like normal and this was when she first went to bite me. Thinking it could possibly been that the house had floorboards and the vibrations from moving had unsettled her, I left her alone til we moved her the not day. Well ever since then, she's completely untouchable. She snaps at any touch and is not as active, although she's eating as usual. Crossed off the usual, temps fine, clean water, not due for shedding, sprayed, feed.... No I'm outta ideas... Any suggestions as I'd really like my friendly pal back :(

Where do you live and what's the weather like (daily and overnight temps). Could be getting into the cooler weather and she's preparing to brumate or maybe coming up to a shed (sometimes the pre-shed signs can be a little more subtle than usual)

At 2½ yo she could be coming into sexual maturity and with all the different things she is probably feeling she is confused, or big coastal girl went through the same sort of thing at about the same age, she settled back down after a couple of weeks, just hook her out and handle as normal for the next few weeks and see what happens :) ......................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back